cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD - Billing document - release to accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can we prevent that a billing document is automatically released to accounting? Are there different ways to do so? Even if the document is OK?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Ruth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor

You can search the forum for basic questions.

How can we prevent that a billing document is automatically released to accounting?

In t.code VOFA, for the billing document type, check the box posting block. This will avoid autoposting into accounting.

Are there different ways to do so? Even if the document is OK?

Once the above settings is done, after verification, the billing document can be manually released to accounting by clicking on release to accounting button or using transaction code VFX3.

Regards,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shiva,

Apart from setting the posting block in VOFA is/are there any other ways? (say in the transaction data sales order >delivery>billing documents)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

I am not aware of any other standard settings that can do that. Of course any of the missing data in the billing document will not allow releasing to accounting. For example account assignment group of customer  or missing pricing in the billing document.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yhanks for your answers. I have found the checkbox to aovid the automatic posting. But can we build extra parameters? I mean, for Company code 1 i want the posting to be executed automatically, but for company code 2 I don't want that.

Kind regards,

Ruth

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Best option (in my opinion) would be to go for different billing types per company codes.

This way in one billing type the field posting block could be active and in the other billing type it could be kept blank; as per company code requirements.