cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Basis Administrator scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning guys,

i would like to raise a question regarding SAP Basis administration tasks like Kernel upgrades(in particular) or offline/online oracle table reorgs, spool/job log deletions, core removals, and other OS based administration activities that a Basis guy can perform. Is there a way we can create a script (ksh for ex) that can incorporate all those components, something like Brtools has for Oracle)

I am asking this because it will help everyone and will remove errors from the execution. The script could be created as a template and adapted for the OS and environment. This is just an idea of automation that i will try to explore and if i create a script like that in the next days i will post it here.

First i will make a list with OS based activities and lets see how it turns out.

If you have any ideeas please let me know or if it already exists something like this you can paste the link here. (i am sure people thought about this but maybe didn't consider it helpful I think it worth a look.

Best regards

Vlad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It's a nice Idea to have an automated Kernel upgrade .

We always prefer a manual intraction for this process as we don't want to take risk if it's a production system. Still it would be nice to have a automated ( Eagle eye) to repace itself.

Regards,

Rathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad,

Good idea to automate things which can be! We use a script for kernel updates which automatically stops system, backs up kernel and switches to new kernel etc. The only caveat is that the new kernel has to be downloaded manually and put in a specific location.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have for example a filesystem repository where you can store all kits you can just upload them there (it is easy to download from marketplace) and just run it with output send via email with the installation log. I know that it is as easy to just put command after command with the same result but if you can save 15 minutes, why not If in your landscape you're upgrading very often the components then i think it is useful. I will also start by making the kernel upgrade script and after i will add the extra "menus".

0 Kudos

Hi Srikrishna,

Can you send me the automated scripts to automate kernel upgrade proceedure ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srikishan,

can you please send me the script to automate Kernel upgrade.

Regards,