cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UID problem with shared TMS trans and cluster environment

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

To have shared TMS trans I must have the same UID for <sid>adm users in DEV, QAS and PRD systems.
From the other side I've already have cluster environment between QAS and PRD systems. So in QAS host I have user prdadm with the same UID as in PRD host.
How can i resolve the issue?

Best regards,
Vladimir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

please read the following thread

Regards,

Roman

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will have qasadm and prdadm on respective hosts assigned to primary group sapsys, but the UID (numeric value) of qasadm and prdadm on the respective hosts should be identical as well as the GID(numeric value) value should be identical for sapsys on both the hosts . This ensures correct working of NFS mounts and files under it.

Check the files /etc/passwd and /etc/groups to find the UIDs and GIDs on each of the hosts.

Regards

Ratnajit

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as you use exact the same group ID - with same group number - on all instances there should be no issue.

Kr. Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

In your case you can keep two different UID. Just you need to take care of permissions (chmod) on /usr/sap/trans and all its sub-directories as 775. And make sure both of your QA and Prod adm have "sapsys" as group.

After this you should not be facing any issue.

Consider points if it helps.