Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Resource available capacity variance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

need your help??

I am using an SNP resource with capacity 500 min per day(Bucket). but after thew SNP run when i download the optimizer log data( Transaction:/SAPAPO/SNPOPLOG) the available capacity derived from the log is for the particular day is different than the actual capacity of the resource(i.e. it is less than the actual available capacity).

How can be this issue resolved.??

please revert back urgently

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pl check if your time zones are in sync with the Calendars and the Planning verison for SNP. Sometimes when they are not lines up you will have a issue with the avalable capacity in the logs showing to be different from what you have configured

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Pls check if you have defined the Quantity/Rate in the resource master definition

,the rate defined for the quantity are considered during the Optmizer run ,

It means that ,that (Lesser)is the quantity the resource can produce more cost effectively and may be balanced quantities are shifted on other resources in the same plant which is costy effective for the balanced qty.

Also read the F1 Help on the Quantity/Rate Definition which can help you ...

Regds // Digs ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Digambar,

I have created another SNP resource keeping the same capacity and replaced the resource creating the problem.and when i checked the output it was found OK.

i am not able to still get the exact root cause but if you say that quantity/rate may be the cause ...it can't be so as the new generated resource has the same definations....

please guide further

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kiran ,

Check for the following possible reasons :

Try this resource in SNP Heuristic and check the capacity and do levelling.

Check the Time zone and the calenders for this resource and plant.

Check the overload % and min load % rounding & down times.

See oss note 510339.

Optimizer gives the results based on the settiing you have entered,and you will only be able to analyse it better .

Regds // Digs...