cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV_BELEG document number range reach limit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have an issue with document number range that belong to RV_BELEG, some document numbers will reach soon the upper limit and generally there is two choice:

1- extend interval

2- reset current number range

In my case I can not extend the interval because there is other document that are assigned to next intervals.

Therefore, I am thinking about archiving the existing documents and reset the current number range to 0 (ZERO) in order to restart from the first number in this range, but I am not sure about the impact of this operation. Did it cause document duplication due to having same number or archiving resolves this issue ? 

Best regards,

Amine.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

are you able to maintain the new number range/interval (say, the option number 3) ?

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Do you mean by maintaining the new number range/interval by creating a new number range and interval and assign it to the document type and company code and in this case we will have two interval for the same document type ?

Best regards,

Amine Fliss.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes.

but you need to create a new document type for this new interval.

it is just an option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your advice, But do you know what will be the impact of resetting the current number ?

Best regards,

Amine Fliss.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

i don't think it would be an impact...please talk to your FI - CO guys

good luck

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

VBELN works as a key field in SD tables (VBAK, LIKP, VBRK), so, if you want to reuse the number ID you need archive and delete. Before to delete documents you must check legal requirements (related with tax laws) and if you need delete before other documents related with the SD document (for instance you'd need delete invoices before to delete SO).

Usually in tcode AOBJ (where you have the settings for any archiving object) you have the network graphic. Also in the preprocessing report and archiving report you have available documentation, read it and run the reports with all logs, because logs will warn you about this kind of restrictions. Search also in notes.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo