cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use total to calculate demand?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have on DP planning book, for all key figure, i have calculation type S for aggregation. I have CVC as plant-parent code-component.  I have one macro to calculate the component demand, formula is: component demand= parent item deand*ratio.

if in a certain plant, i drill down the component level, i will see my planning book showing as below.

P1               p2               p3

KF1 parent item demand            100            100              100 (total)

componet1                              50               50               50

componet2                              50               50               50

ratio

componet1                              1                 1                   1

componet2                              2                 2                   2

KF2 component demand

componet1                              50              50                 50

componet2                             100             100               100

Now the problem is , i don't want to use the detail level parent item demand, i want to use total level. I would like to have result for component  like this:

P1               p2               p3

KF1 parent item demand            100            100              100 (total)

componet1                              50               50               50

componet2                              50               50               50

ratio

componet1                              1                 1                   1

componet2                              2                 2                   2

KF2 component demand

componet1                             100             100              100

componet2                             200             200               200

What would be the correct way to achieve this?  I tried to change calcuation type to N for KF1 parent itme demand, but it is not able to save the data in aggregation level. Could someone give me some idea?

Thank you very much in advance.

Anna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anna,

Just few observations I have made out of your scenario are:

1.If you use normal drill_down function It will not be helpful for you because once you copy the total value from parent time demand and try to drill down to component details on Ratio . Then the Parent Time Demand Keyfigure will also be drilled down so you will get the same result as you are getting now.

2.  Work around will be Copy the detailed value of the Parent Time Demand Key figure in a variable  row using  VEC_LAYOUTVARIABLE_SET. and then drill down to component details. then multiply the variable to the component demand .

I think this may help you.

Regards,

Anurag