Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Type-Vendor,Plant

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Right now i have a product at Vendor(A) , can i change the procurement type in Product Master of a product at that vendor(Location)  to IN HOUSE PRODUCTION and use it to generate Planned orders????

My question is does the location type have any significance or is it a means of differentiating between different locations.

Regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick - You also need to check how is your planning version defined in Model version management. If you have defined this field 'No order without source of supply - as 'X' then orders wouldn't be created whether it is 'E' or 'F' is there is no source of supply.

Also, when I was testing for some scenario long ago, if we maintain 'E' in that field it didn't create planned orders for the location types which are 'DC's'. After taking  that out we were able to. I can't confirm if this is a standard behavior, but that was my experience.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Murali

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

If you have a PPM/PDS in that vendor location, planned order should be able to be created as

in a subcontracting scenario.

Best regards,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

As per my understanding Location Types in APO are mostly used to distinguish between various Master data in ERP like Production Plants,DC's ,Customer,Vendor  etc.

If you are CIFing these  master data from R/3 then they will appear as different location types in APO.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag