Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

for the past 3years i am working as ABAP consultant

and now i want to change to XI

what are the requirements to learn XI and in what areas i need to be good in ABAP for learning XI.

Thanks,

Siri.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are lot of threads discussing the same issue. Just give a SDN search on new to XI, you will be able to find all that is required for XI.

Regards,

P.Venkat

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Since you are an ABAP consultant,I hope u know all the concepts in ABAP.

Its good if u have knowledge in IDOC's.Its better if u learn CORE JAVA for XI.As we use SAX and DOM parsers for mapping between source and target.

Just have a lok at this link.U can find all the concepts.

<a href="http://help.sap.com">http://help.sap.com</a>

Try some of the scenarios in XI(Using above links)

Regards,

Gunasree.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sireesha,

First try to understand XML because in XI all processing is done in XML. Next step is understanding the architecture of XI. How msgs are getting processed, what happens at runtime?

Then you can explore the rich features of XI from SDN. There are a lot of docs which are really good and also weblogs. SDN TV provides some hands on kind of experience.

Finally the forum. You can post any doubts in here and be assured to get experts comments.

This is how I am trying to learn the concepts of XI.

Following are the links to weblogs which will help to develop the basic scenarios.

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters - IDoc to File

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy - ABAP Proxy to File

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30 - File to JDBC

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy - File to ABAP Proxy

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1 - File to File Part 1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2 - File to File Part 2

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/24/convert-any-flat-file-to-any-idoc-java-mapping - Any flat file to any Idoc

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit - File to RFC

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1685 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] - File to Mail

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i - Dynamic File Name Part 1

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/28/dynamic-file-namexslt-mapping-with-java-enhancement-using-xi-30-sp12-part-ii - Dynamic File Name Part 2

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address - Dynamic Mail Address

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi - Message Flow in XI

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm - Walk through BPM

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/22/schedule-your-bpm - Schedule BPM

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/01/11/demonstrating-use-of-synchronous-asynchronous-bridge-to-integrate-synchronous-and-asynchronous-systems-using-ccbpm-in-sap-xi - Use of Synch - Asynch bridge in ccBPM

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] - Use of Synch - Asynch bridge in ccBPM

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/22/xi-maintain-rfc-destinations-centrally - Maintain RFC destination centrally

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/18/triggering-e-mails-to-shared-folders-of-sap-is-u - Triggering Email from folder

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/17/outbound-idocs--work-around-using-party - Handling different partners for IDoc

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/27/modeling-integration-scenario146s-in-xi - Modeling Integration Scenario in XI

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/25/xi-sending-a-message-without-the-use-of-an-adapter-not-possible - Testing of integration process

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/25/xi-how-to-add-authorizations-to-repository-objects - Authorization in XI

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/58/d22940cbf2195de10000000a1550b0/content.htm - Authorization in XI

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step - Alert Configuration

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide - Trouble shoot alert config

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/21/executing-unix-shell-script-using-operating-system-command-in-xi - Call UNIX Shell Script

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi - Transport in XI

/people/r.eijpe/blog/2005/11/04/using-abap-xslt-extensions-for-xi-mapping - Using ABAP XSLT Extensions for XI Mapping

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure - Mail Adaptor options

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm - Collection of IDoc to Single File

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/17/xi-controlling-access-to-sensitive-interfaces - Controlling access to Sensitive Interfaces

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14 - The same filename from a sender to a receiver file adapter - SP14

/people/prasad.illapani/blog/2005/11/14/payload-based-message-search-in-xi30-using-trex-engine - Payload Based Message Search in XI30 using Trex Engine /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/24/xi-configuring-ccms-monitoring-for-xi-part-i - XI : Configuring CCMS Monitoring for XI- Part I

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter - XI: HTML e-mails from the receiver mail adapter

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/22/xi-faqs-provided-by-sap-updated - XI : FAQ's Provided by SAP

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Whatever you have given links , all are my collections , those already i have given one thread.. please refer..

Points rewarded..

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

Adding to the above points,to get it in to xi you should know the conceptual knowledge for xml and java not much about IDOCS.

As you said you have good enough experience on ABAP,I guess you will more comfortable with XI.Comming to the requirements there are plentty of oppenings for XI.If you want to move from ABAP to XI...It's good decision.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

See this thread

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you want to learn XI ,You have to know minimum core Java knowledge and ABAP knowlege also...

Check these series and search SDN also..

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

Regards,

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>what are the requirements to learn XI and in what areas i need to be good in ABAP for learning XI.

you need to be able to use integration technology:

IDOCs and XML in ABAP (for abap proxies)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>