cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System not reflecting in SLD after Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have upgraded our BI  dual stack system (MBD) from NW 7.0 to NW 7.03 and then we have splited the system and create a new system JBD with method move database with stacksplit tool. Now we also upgraded JBD system to NW 7.31.

When we are checking technical systems in the SLD of JBD there are no entry forJBD. We can see the old ABAP and JAVA entry (MBD).

Please suggest how to fix this

Regards,

Satyabrat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you have to delete the obselete data from SLD i.e Old system for that check

1160192 System description in SLD contains obsolete elements.

After that you need to register new system again with the help of NWA.Please check

-> "Configuring the SLD Client" and Configuring the SLD data supplier

" http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/b6813196655295e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm"

Please note that the user you have maintained in NWA for SLD should have access to administrator page of SLD  i.e. user can login to SLD URL and can open administrator page of SLD.

regards,

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

I am in a impression that the technical system should  reflect automatically in its local SLD. Please correct me if I am wrong, Or i need to perform any kind of follow activities in the new upgraded system.

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabrat,

You need to perform the activity that is mentioned in the above help link. No system will automatically

apprear in SLD. During installation it is done by SAPINST but in your case you need to configure sld_client and sld_datasupplier destination in NW using

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/b6847d96655295e10000000a42189b/content.htm

Regards,

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

I have changed the url in sld_client but sld_datasuppplier is pointing to my sld of prd system. So haven't changed it and restrt the SLD.

Still the system is not reflecting in technical systems.

Kind Regards,

Satyabrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satyabrat ,

There is a tab ping destination on the sld_client and sld_datasupplier. Just click on this and check what is coming out.

Regards,

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin

It is saying successfull.

Regards,

Satyabrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After restarted the system I can see the my system in technical systems.

I have created jco in webdynpro to the abap stack & in sm 59  put the rfc name in registerd program but it is showing error program not registered.

earlier in VA it used to be work perfectly fine.

kindly suggest

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satyabrat,

Please ensure you have maintained gateway details in the SLD profile parameters for data supplier.

Use same gateway details for Abap system in rz70.

Regards,

Vishal

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you configure the Data Supplier for JBD to fetch the data to your SLD?

You can follow below for NW7.31:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/b6847d96655295e10000000a42189b/content.htm

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for the info.. my concern is this is my local SLD and and the system is not reflecting its entry in technical systems.

I am not able to trace out the error. it seems I need to perform some postinst activities.

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat