Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit/Delete un-approved Confirmation

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

We are in SRM 7.01 with backend ECC 6.05. We are using classic scenario and utilizing confirmation feature in SRM. We are able to create confirmation in SRM and we have approval workflow for the confirmation. However one thing that I observe, once the confirmation is waiting for approval, I cannot edit or delete the confirmation (the button is greyed out). Only once the confirmation is approved then I can delete the confirmation (creating another confirmation).

Is this standard behaviour? If we have a scenario where we already have confirmation about to be approved, and we realize it is wrong, wouldn't it weird if we need to tell the approver to reject it first rather than edit it ourself and re-trigger the approval? That's what happen in SC anyway. Can someone share their experience on this?

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did some investigation on this topic, and found one note which seems to be able to solve this:

1636771 Not able to edit confirmation in awaiting approval state

You may test with this note to see if it can help

Best regards,

Ivy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is standard behaviour. If any SRM document if submitted and goes for approval process the control of the document transfer to the user who gets the work item. The creator of the document do not have any control that time.

After final approval, the document can be edited.

If the approver rejects the work item, then also control comes back and changes to the document can be made.

With Regards,

Malay

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Malay,

I have been shown that in SRM 5.0, it is possible to edit un-approved confirmation. If you said this is standard behaviour, then I wonder why SAP change the behaviour in SRM 7.0

Best regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In SRM 7 also it is also possible unapproved confirmation.

The point is who can edit at what stage. If person x is the creator and y is 1st approver. X can not edit the confirmation once it is awaiting confirmation and work item lies with Y.

But Y can certainly edit the confirmation.

To edit work item during approval for SRM 7 is possible with "approval with completion" for the process level (BRF workflow)

In case of SRM 5 (application controlled workflow) edit is possible depending on the security level.

With Regards,

Malay