cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager with ADS

former_member4958
Participant
0 Kudos

We have here the Enterprise Portal 7.01 SP05 installed in a single stack (only JAVA) and to logon in this environment we use our login and password from Active Directory.

In this Enterprise Portal we create one iView to access the transaction SOLMAN_WORKCENTER from our Solution Manager, but when this transaction is launched, appear the screen to us type the login and password from the Solution Manager.

Have any way to integrate or configure our Solution Manager to use the same login and password from our ADS?

It is possible to use the Kerberos in this case or need I only configure other things first?

May somebody help us with this trouble?

Thanks friends

Marcos.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

You should implement SSO over your Portal and your Backend ( in your case Solution Manager ).

In order to follow the related post on SDN :

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3176012

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ep50sp2/helpdata/en/4d/dd9b9ce80311d5995500508b6b8b11/content.htm

Hope this helps you

Cheers.

former_member4958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sargan MC, thanks for your help.

In this case first I need to configure the integration between ABAP and JAVA in our Solution Manager?

Thanks

Marcos.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Download the certificate from your Enterprise Portal system 7.01 SP05 and upload into Solution Manager system STRUSTSS02 in ABAP Stack (you can use the process as per your solman version)

Thanks,

Samik

former_member4958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samir Sarkar, thanks for your help.

But this is running fine, and what I need is that I don't type again the login and password to access the transaction SOLMAN_WORKCENTER.

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

Have you configured SSO ? If not then follow the procedure as below :

- Use transaction STRUSTSSO2 => Owner Certificate => Owner

- Export the certificate appeared above

- Import the certificate in your EP system => System Administration => System configuration => Keystore administration => Import trusted certificate

- Browse and upload the certificate

Now export the EP certificate and import it into the Solman system.

Also refer SAP NOTE : 1399645

Regards,

SUJIT

former_member4958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit, thanks for your help.

I made this configuration with the certificates, exporting in Portal and importing in SolMan and vice-versa, but when I try to access our ABAP it is running fine.

And when I try to access our iView calling SOLMAN_WORKCENTER it request us to type the login and password.

Now I don't know what I need to do.

Thanks for help me.

Marcos.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link which lists all the SSO options.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/f0/a37642ac86d142e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

The method you taking has been detailed here, which also points to configure the Security Provider Service in Visual Admin

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/53/695b3ebd564644e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Samik

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

Had holidays for couple of days and been away from network, did you check the note I mentioned earlier, I'm pasting some content of that note relevant to you, pls have a look:

Issue 4:

When you navigate within the work center, you are requested to input logon credential for the SAP Solution Manager system.

Solution 1:

You need to activate security session for your client: transaction SICF_SESSIONS. The transaction SICF_SESSIONS is only available from BASIS 702 or higher versions.
See Note 1322944.

Solution 2:

You can configure SSO using logon tickets.
See "Single Sign-On with Logon Tickets":
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/89/6eb8e1af2f11d5993700508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

I hope this will address your issue.

Regards,

SUJIT

former_member4958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit Sharma, how are you?

No worries my friend. That's good be off some days to rest.

About your suggestions, we are analyzing it. I read the note but we are a little bit confuse how to configure this note.

Only to we understand: When I apply note 1322944 I can run fine inside our Solution Manager the transaction CRM_UI without type again the login and password, sure?

Thanks for your help Sujit

Marcos

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markos,

I'm good, thank you my friend. If you would have gone through the note 1399645, then you will find a zipped folder in it scrolling upto end of it. This contains an excel file where all the configuration steps along with the screenshots are described, please check and if you have any confusion get back please.

Regards,

SUJIT

former_member4958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SUJIT, thanks a lot for your help.

We have some troubles here about this kind of configuration and SAP said us that we need to configure the x.509 certificate. Now we are going to start a project to learn how to configure this kind of certificates in our landcaspe.

Thanks

Marcos.