cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM with Handling Units - No inspection lot when packing in HU02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

We have a requirement to inspect chemicals that are being packed into totes to be sent out for contract manufacturing.

Our current settings are to do an 08 inspection (with QM for HUs indicator active) for the 311 movement of packing from non-HU storage location to HU storage location via the transaction HU02.  I want an inspection lot to be created when the material is packed into the HU in hu02, but it is not.  However, the inspection lot is generating when a subsequent 311 movement (from HU storage location to another HU storage location) is executed through VLMOVE transaction.

Customization is set to that QM is active for Handling Unit packing on a 311 movement.

Any input would be much appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I know, it is not possible.

"Inspection for HU" means that an inspection lot has to be generated for HU, not for individual stock.

But in your case, re-packing process, there is no HU's transfer in material document.

For example.. if the material moves another location with stock, not HU, SAP won't generate an inspection lot even if you set "08" inspection type. Because of "inspection for HU".

One more thing..

Please check ths customer exit QAAT0001 - EXIT_SAPLQMHU_001

Anyway I don't understand your business process.

Normally the quality inspection can be performed when HU(big box) is unpacked.

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

Our business process is that a batch of formula is produced in a large tank, and then packed into totes for sending to a contract manufacturer for further processing.  It needs to be sampled before the totes are transported because there needs to be validation that the formula was not dilluted or otherwise corrupted by residual materials in the pipelines or the totes themselves.

I will look into that user exit.

I will also test using the "08" inspection type without "inspection for HU" ticked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is truly not possible.  We worked about by taking Inspection for HU off and using manual inspection lot with origin of 04 to link to order.  Then using VLMOVE to block HUs that failed inspection and to move the ones that passed.

Answers (0)