cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous WebService Call returns an incomplete XML response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing issue while processing a Synchronous Web Service call via SAP PI 7.11.

Our scenario is ABAP Proxy <-> PI <->SOAP ( RESTful web service using AXIS framework)

When the response payload grows beyond a certain size ( 25KB), SAP PI receives only a partial XML in the response. In addition, the response XML carries a series of blank spaces at the end.  As a result, the response mapping fails with messages such as 'XML is incomplete' and 'Tag <ABC> is not closed'.

On the contrary, when we initiate the same web service call via external tools, it goes through correctly. I find it hard to believe PI will give performance issues for a payload of 25 KB.  Does anyone have a clue for this strage behavior ?

Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our scenario is ABAP Proxy <-> PI <->SOAP ( RESTful web service using AXIS framework)

I am new to REST Services.I have a proxy structure but I am not sure how to consume the REST Service in the target.Or how to get the values passed from proxy to the REST service.

If any one have worked on such scenarios,please provide your inputs and the steps to achieve it.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Did you check for error messages in adapter in RWB? There might be timeout error when adapter is reading from the web service.

For interacting with REST web service you can look into https://www.advantco.com/product/REST .

Regards

Anupam  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

We have checked RWB already. There is no time out error.

The scenario is working end to end for small payload. So there is no plan to switch to Advantco.

Thanks

Amit

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the kenny's reply about setting maximum request content length and SAP Note on this thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3239432