Dashboard 4 (Xcelsius 2011) with EPM 10 NW.
I am having difficulties building Dashboard. I am getting errors in Dashboards. Here are the details.
Server: NW 7.31, BPC 10 Patch 8. I am not sure about the Server OS.
Client: Windows 7 x64, MS Office 2010 x86 (32 bit). EMP Add-in (Big Volume version) SP 12 patch 4. Dashboard 4 (Xcelsius 2011) SP 2 FP 3 PL 3.
EPM Add-in Flash 2 version (this one can be cause of the problem).
I have also installed .NET 4 and C++ redistributable libraries for 2010. I have installed Primary Interop Libraries as well.
Here are the steps:
1. Build the EPM Report using Local Connection.
2. Use GetReportDefinition() function to get XML. This also works.
3. Start Dashboard 4 and choose 'Model with Spreadsheet data". Pick the EPM report that was built. If MS Excel is still open then EPM is still connected to NetWeaver. If I hit refresh in Dashboard 4 it give error:
Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC
4. Ignor error and use EPM Connector Add-in. When Add-in is installed it complains that the Add-is is built using Flash 2 and should be build using Flash 4. I can not find Flash 4 version of the add-in. Is Flash 4 versioin of EPM Add-in available? If I ignore this message as well.
5. Build the connection and generate SWF.
6. Execute SWF. It just sits there and nothing happens.
I have tried build report in Dashboard 4 itself in following steps:
1. Close MS Excel. Close Dashboard 4.
2. Start Dashboard 4 and build new Dashboard from Blank Worksheet.
3. From EPM Connect to BPC NW using Local connection.
4. Click on 'New Report' I get the message:
Impossible to open the report editor. Check that all reports are connected.
5. Click OK then I get MS .NET Framework error:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
If I click 'Continue' I can use report editor but when I am done with report editor and hit close then same message comes back and then there is no way to get rid of this message, I have to goto Task Manager and end process.
Can someone please point out what is wrong and if there are any steps missing or software version not correct.
Thanks in advance.