cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error while upgrading SBO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

i tried to upgrade sbo 8.82 PL06 HF02 to 8.82 PL08, but following error appears while upgrading:

Can anybody help me to solve this problem?

greetings, rafael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked system memory space when upgrade, keep min 100gb os drive/sap installed drive.

With regards,

Venki .A

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ladislav_meszaros
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

Reported upgrade issue needs a further investigation therefore please log a support message with a component SBO-BC-UPG via the Service Market Place.

Please attach 'UpgradeLog' files to the message. You will find the log files in the default log folder

"%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\SAP\SAP Business One\Log\UpgradeWizard" or any other folder configured for this purpose in "B1_Install_Folder\Conf\b1-config-path.txt".

(BuisnessOneUpgradeUpgradeWizardPidxxxx_xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.txt; BuisnessOneUpgradeb1loggerPidxxxx_xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.txt; BuisnessOneUpgradeB1UpgradePidxxxx_xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.txt)

Regards,

Ladislav Meszaros

SAP Business One Forum Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

the problem could not be solved by installing the new ATL path. the system i want to upgrade is a test system, so there's no pressure to solve that.

now, i'll create a support message and wait for the answer from sap.

thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use some other new system to upgrade.

Regards,

Venki .A

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

Your issue is a critical one.

If you run the dbcc checkdb, you won't get any result. I said so because it is logical error that can be  normally identified by a  query 'DBCC CheckDB'. Very often such errors are caused by an unexpected power outage or faulty hardware, e.g. RAID controllers.

but if your database have ever experienced faulty hardware, you will get result.

I suggest to raise a ticket to sap support to get the better solution

Rgds,

Jimm

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check this...

Please check the ATL patch from
Microsoft. You find the

package here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-4

0ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en

Download and install the correct patch for your platform.

regards,

John Feely

Former Member
KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael Stalder

Reason and Prerequisites

1. The msvcp60.Dll is missing. This is a Windows Dll and it should be under System32 folder. The msvcp60.dll is a module containing standard C library functions such as printf,

memcpy and cos. It is a part of the Microsoft C Runtime Library.

2. Visual C++ 2005 libraries are missing. These Libraries are required to run applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2005 installed.

Solution

Consult your System Administrator on how to restore this Dll to the System32 folder. Once the Dll is restored, the problem should be resolved.

Even after restoring the Dll, if you getting the same error then you need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86), which would be installing the

missing Visual C++ 2005 libraries.

Follow the below step for installing the missing Visual C++ 2005 libraries:

1. Download and install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package(x86) from the follow Microsoft Website:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displa...

Regards

Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kennedy

I followed all the steps but i get the same error.

(I've installed sbo on a local machine x64).

It's strange, i've tried to upgrade another database and it works, but on my database it doesn't work.

Is it possibe that the problem is caused by the database?

greetings, rafael

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On the SQL Server level, the SAP Business One database consistency check executes the DBCC CHECKDB command, which locks user tables, indexes, and system tables throughout the run.

Regards

Kennedy