cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drill down on ipad in offline mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i'm trying to use the drill down option on my iPad in the offline mode.

Therefore I set the scope of analysis on "Custom" to use the hierarchies defined in the universe and to load the data in the data cube.

As long as I work online I'm able to drill down and up but when I activate the "Work Offline" Option it's not possible to drill down.

But it should be possible to drill down even in Offline Mode because the scope of analysis is set and the data is loaded in the data cube, or am I wrong?

Greetings

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

Drill down on iPAD in offline mode is not supported, and hence it does not work for. Drill, Input Controls, Prompts ... all these are online only operations.

You are right the information is in the CUBE, but while on iPAD in offline mode it is not connected to the cube. There is no replication of cube on iPAD to support this feature as yet.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aaaah, Input controls are online-only?!

That explains the speed of them, thanks Ashutosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

thank you for your answer. I thought that it has to work the way you describe.

To solve my online problem I did a little work around and built the drill structure with sections, which works fine because they work offline and are very fast as well.

Greetings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

i'm also having this offline drill down problem on ipad . Could you explain how you got over it ?

Regards,

Timmy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timmy,

like Ashutosh said, drill down on iPad in offline mode wasn't supported for SP04, because the Data Cube is saved on the mobile server. I didn't test it in a newer version but I think it haven't changed since SP04.

To solve it I rebuild the drill down structure with sections. You can then use the side menu to "drill".

It feels like drill but in fact it isn't a real drill action.

In this way the application doesn't need to filter, because the whole data is in the report and so there is no need to connect to the mobile server. But because the whole data is in the report it takes more time to open it.

Greetings

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

I can't drill down on IPAD even I'm on online mode.

Im using WebI 4.0 SP5 and SAP BO mobile 4.2.5 and save the report in drill mode.

Could you share to me what version do you use or how you set the WebI?

THanks before

Regards,

Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jane,

I'm using SP4 with Patch 1 (Product Version: 14.0.4 Build Number: 770) and the iPad app version 4.2.5.

I set a custom hierarchy in the universe and the WebI is just saved with active drill mode.

The drill down functionality for the iPad app requires BI Plattform SP04 ( including FP03) installed.

I tried drilling with SP02 and it didn't work but after installing SP04 which includes FP03 drill down is possible.

Greetings

theo_droste
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

Is your report based on an universe or on a BICS/ Bex query source ? We are on BI4.0 FP3 SP02, but I still do not have the option to use the scope of analysis panel...

Regards,

Martijn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martijn,

For my reports I'm only using universes until now.

Greetings