cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid copying quantity thru Copy control from Billing to Sales order in SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing issue that when I did copy control from Billing document to Sales order, user wants that only quantity field should not copy. Rest should copy as usual but Quantity of the material should not copy. Please suggest how to do this in SAP asap.

Thanks & Regards,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you copying billing document to order (or creating order with reference to billing document) when pop up window opens, click on selection list,then remove quantity and click on copy.

But tell customer if you make or remove quantity then billing document price will not copy to sales order because of ZERO quantity.

Rather system will determine new price, it may be wrong for business if it is return scenario

Example - Invoice is created in last month for A customer for material XYZ with 1 quantity & price is Rs.100

Now this month price changed say it becomes Rs.110

Now customer return that due to some reason so you created return order with reference to above invoice but made quantity ZERO then price also become ZERO

Now you again mentioned quantity 1 but price will pick up as 110 instead of 100

The above can happen so consider all other factors too before present to customer

Kapil

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the copy control data transfer routine at item level at transaction code VTFA. Develop a new routine in t.code VOFM with logic not to copy the quantity and add the routine in the field copying requirements for data transfer VBAP in VTFA-Item level. Create a new document and test.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Can you please help me write how to do coding for this? Currently, standard routine is 153 from Billing to Order copy control. Please help.

Regards,

Saurabh