cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC 10.0 - possibility to setup MSMP workflow with auto-confirmation on last stage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Forum,

We've got the MSMP workflow with the only stage, the approver is Manager. Is it possible to setup auto-confirmation when the time passed? We use this workflow for requests to block user, and will be great to setup auto-confirmation (i.e. to block user) if approver delays the answer. From my point of view this option should be like escalation (when we can set the time after which the request will be redirected for another person or on the next stage), but escalation does not work on the last WF stage with parameter 'skip to next stage'

Any Ideas?

Thanks beforehand!

BR, Mikhail.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sure you can escalate to next stage with the time set to "0" (or something reasonable like a minute). If you do this at the last stage, it should automatically move the request to the end of the path.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have not found a solution yet then here you go.

If you would like to set up auto confirmation when the workflow has just one stage then you can do so by setting the escalation time. You can set the parameter as 'Escalate to specific agent' and assign any appropriate agent. Let's take an example. You have set the escalation time as 30 mins and entered GRAC_SECURITY as the escalation agent. There is just one stage in workflow which is GRAC_MANAGER.  If the manager does not approve in 30 mins then the request goes to the security stage automatically. If the security team approves the request is completed.

If you have more than one stage in the workflow then you can set an appropriate escalation time and the parameter as 'Skip to next stage'. In this case if the request is not approved on time, it goes to the next stage in the workflow process.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jayashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayashree,

.......If you have more than one stage in the workflow then you can set an appropriate escalation time and the parameter as 'Skip to next stage'. In this case if the request is not approved on time, it goes to the next stage in the workflow process.

>>> However I am facing the problem,  that if the request gets approved within 30 minutes in the first stage by the manager it will not be completed as it still processes the next stage and waits for approval there despite fact that the first stage already approved.

My scenario is a role request with 3 stages:

Stage 1 should be the role owner, who should approve the request within 180 minutes.

Stage 2 should be supervisor level who should approve within 1 day if stage 1 was not yet approved

Stage 3 should be controller level who should make approval after 3 days if not yet approved

Stage 1 + Stage can be utilized with "escalate to specified agent" but stage 3 doesn't work with that concept.

Skip to next stage would only work if stage 1 + 2 don't approve at all, but if stage 1 approves,  the workflow will waits in stage 2 for approval, which is not appropriate for this scenario.

It should be working like that: as soon as one stage approves the request will be completed and provisioning takes place..

any idea. ?

thank you

Johannes

Any idea how fix this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mikhail,

we have same issue as you described in your message. We want to auto-approve a stage if Agent does not exist and then auto-provisioning without approval stages.

please, could you update us if you obtain the solution? It could be really great if you give some new notice.

Best Regards and thanks in advance.