cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASCS installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In our organization PRD server ASCS instance is installed. but in sm51 we can't find out where is the message server is installed.

how can i found out which server contains the message server.

&

in demo S/m i want  ASCS installation so please guide me how can i do that please provide me the docx or screen shots.

Regards,

vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the PRD sever , login and execute tcode RZ10 , select the DEFAULT profile . check the value of rdisp/mshost parameter.

This is the message server host.

You already have the central instance in the sandbox , so you need to have ASCS instance in the system and split it out of the central instance .

Follow the SAP note Note 821904 - Separating SCS instances for ABAP and J2EE

Regards

Ratnajit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

You will not find the enq/ms server process in SM51 anymore, since it runs in a separate instance.

Here you find some additional information about the installation: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/47/8eb99350972b4a8c087b981c88430b/content.htm

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please guide me how to install ASCS instance.

Regards,

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can install the ASCS instance via sapinst. You need the installation master and the kernel DVD for this.

Kr. Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the procedure?

how many min server requires for this?

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

The procedure is like any other SAP installation. Just run sapinst and select the component that you like to install.

Don't think the installation and reconfiguration etc. will take more than 1,5 hour.

Kr. Mark