Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auctioning subcontracted materials

former_member475809
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have implemented SRM 4.0 with pland driven and strategic sourcing scenarios.

My client wants to auction the services related to the subcontracting process. I know PREQs with subcontracting items aren't relevant for plan driven procurement, but i was wondering: since in plan driven procurement it's the PREQ to make the rules and the PO is simply created with reference to the PREQ and takes all information from it (apart from price and conditions which come out of the strategic ousrcing negotiation), would it make sense to transfer the subcontracting PREQ forcefully, even loosing the information about the subcontracting (so beig treated as a standard preq), get negotiated through strategic sourcing and then send the PO back to R/3 as a standard PO? Would it take the subcontracting position type autoamtically from the PREQ? Has anyone tryed it before?

Thanks for you help

Simone

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simone

Hmm..this is an interesting one.

Have not tried before but it can be done.

You will have few problems though :

1) If it is not account assigned PR, creating PO in the backend after auctioning will not work.

2) If the item category is not being picked while creating PO, use the BADI.

Best regards

Ramki

former_member475809
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna

thanks for your answer.

Number 1 is ok and so should number 2.

still not sure about the pos.type though. I wonder if the BADI can set that too.

I have to try it first anyway

Cheers

Simone

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simone

Ofcourse, you have another solution...

Do not bother about the extended classic/classic etc.

Just pick the data from accepted bid in a custom program and create a PO in the backend by calling BAPI_PO_CREATE1.

Also ensure that you remove the 'External procurement profile' in PR before creatign PO. It will surely work but you will not be able to use Conf/Inv in EBP anymore.

Best regards

Ramki