SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derivation Startegy in Asset Master not working

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I am facing an issue while setting derivation strategy for assets. I have maintained source fields as GL Account/Cost center and target field as Fund, fund center,commitment items,grant , sponsored class and sponsored program in GMDERIVE. Now when i enter cost center in AS01 , system does not derive anything. I have activated the trace. In GMDERIVE these all fields are getting derived correctly but when i try to create asset master it does not work. I have also activated Grant for additional account assignment for Assets accounting. Do i also need to maintain the same derivation strategy in FMDERIVE since FM is also active. Please guide me .

Regards

14 REPLIES 14

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It can be seen in the following image that system is leaving GL account field blank and DUMMY grant is derived ,when i turn on the trace and tried to create asset in AS01 . Please guide me any criteria which should help in seamless derivation of FC/Grant/Fund from cost center entered in AS01.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

I'm not sure what G/L account you expect to see in derivation structure when you create an asset.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

Please see the derivation rule i set for deriving fund center in asset from cost center based on a combination of GL Account (asset reconciliation account) and Cost center.

Please suggest any suitable derivation rules for fund center/grant/fund derivation in AS01 .

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

It won't work this way. G/L reconciliation account is not entered to FMDERIVE structure when you create asset master data. What you can do is to use FMDT_READ_MD_ASSET function module in your derivation rule. There, you'll have the asset class and account determination fields. You can derive these values to user field, .e. USERTEMP1, and base your next rule on the combination of this with cost centre.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

Issue is resolved with help of your suggestion . I based derivation rule on just asset class ,since i can assign USERTEMP1 to only field. Where can i create more user fields ? Please guide. Is there the same FM for deriving Fund center from Purchasing group  while doing budgeting in MM ?

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

You can use BADI_FMDERIVE for this.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

Can i not  i use Table look up for this deriving FC from purchasing group ? I tried but i was not successful. Which table you recommend to use for purchasing group derivation

Regards

0 Kudos

T024Z is purchasing organization table, if I remember correctly (I'm not by SAP system right now), but what will it help you to use Table Look Up? You can use table look up if you receive information to FMDERIVE structure and you want, based on this key, to look for some extra info. Example: you have G/L account and you want to look up for the commitment item defined in its master data. As for purchase orgnization, it does not flow to FMDERIVE. You can use BADI to enhance FMDERIVE (I_COBL) structure. I have several posts on this matter in this forum; you can search for info there.

0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

When you are creating the asset you will need to provide FM/GM Account assignments from other rules. Once the asset has been created you can use FMDT_READ_MD_ASSET to read these. Please note that in MM you must enter the Asset number (AA Category A) so you should have already created the asset. You can use the Create Asset button to create an asset shell. Please also note that the Commitment Item connected to Asset reconciliation account should be FT type 30.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal:

As far FM i already know these things . Stated Function module will also work for deriving fund center from cost center while creating asset master. The process has has been described by Eli in his 2nd post.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

My ABAPER said the BADI mentioned can not be worked to derive fund center from purchasing group , he resolved this using EXIT_SAPLFMDT_002. Please comment.

Regards

0 Kudos

Well, it certainly can be used (not for derivation, but for bringing purchasing group to the derivation structure and using it afterwards in a derivation rule), but if he provided you with another solution, who cares?

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

As of today i was using above recommended solution to derive FC/CI/Fund from Cost center and asset class combination using Function module FMDT_READ_MD_ASSET but now i have a different scenario, for assets used on projects that are financed by Grants , i will be using Internal Orders (real one), cost center will also be real so IO will take precedence for dep posting but how will above derivation rule work to derive Fund/FC/CI/Grant from a combination of IO and Asset class. I tried adding IO to the derivation rule along with cost center but system is deriving FM account assignment based on cost center .

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

I cannot tell that I got your point. Should you have any trouble with a rule after creating a new dimension, first of all check if the rule is executed by activating the trace. There, you'll see if this I/O:

a) fills FMDERIVE structure

b) plays any role in the rules defined

Regards,

Eli