cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication of records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

How can i validate while importing data whether records are existing or not.If its existing i should not upload.

Please suggest

Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I am assuming that you are asking above query to identify duplicate records while importing records through Import Manager or MDIS.

When you create a map in import manager, you specify "Matching Fields" under "Match Records" tab in Import Manager. So based upon the matching fields, system will identify already existing records.

On right hand side, in Match Records tab only, you can specify default import action "Set Default Import Action".

Here, Match type 'None' means that records are not already existing in the system. You can select import action as "Create" here.

Match Type 'Exact' means that records are already existing and the record in your source file is duplicate of some record in the destination table. For such match type, you can set Import action as Update or Skip(won't touch already existing records) as per your requirement.

I hope this solves your doubt. Kindly let me know if you have any more queries.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush

How can i achieve the same .If data is getting loaded manually in data manager.PLease let me know if there is any option.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

If you are entering data directly in Data Manager, then to check for Duplicate records, you need to Create Matching strategy in "Matching Mode" of data manager.

It will include Creating Transformations for data normalization, Creating rules on particular fields, Creating the Strategy by selecting created rules and set High and Low threshold to measure the degree of duplication.

Then you would be able to execute matching strategies in Matching mode and would be able to merge data into desired records.

You can create workflow which could be triggered when you save record in Data Manager and then would display match results to some user, who can take merge action accordingly.

For more details on Matching Mode, you should check Data Manager Reference Guide.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ankush

I have done it already i just wanted to check if anything else which pops up as an error when we enter a record which is already present in the table

Regards

Sandeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bastinvinoth
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

You can compare your existing records with standard tables in SAP,

for example , if you are all the records are in internal table means,

anyway its having primary key's,based on that you can neglect the existing records.

Regards,

Bastin Vinoth NG