cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA SLT error - Verification of configuration failed due to connection issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am following the

SAP HANA Installation Guide – Trigger-Based Data Replication Using SAP LT (Landscape Transformation) Replication Server for SAP HANA

( SAP HANA Appliance Software SPS 04) guide

Installed SAP HANA, all services show up as started in SAP HANA Studio.

Source system - ECC 700 BASIS required patches applied, DIMS 2010_1_700 addon with SP 07 ,  created user SLT_USER and assigned the IUUC role after generating it

Seperate SAP LT system - 720 kernel, DIMS 2010_1_700 addon with SP 07 ,  RFC created and tested to Source system, activated services

Nothing else done. Not sure if I have to maintain any table entries, install any clients etc...???

Now when I use LTR to configure the Source system->Repl. Server -> HANA connection I get the attached error.

Regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

Regarding the error - "verification of connection..............."

I am sure you will have messages in SM21 mentioning library or database connection error.

I would suggest copying the *.dll files from the hanaclient installation folder and paste it in the

kernel's exe folders.

Restart the instance and try setting the connection again. This should work atleast it did in my case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

I had the same error message while configuring SLT and that was because the SYSTEM password I had entered was not correct. So I would suggest you double-check the HANA connection parameters including hostname & instance number.

Thanks,

Anooj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried everything - like entering user SYSTEM in upper as well as lower case

Password is alphanumeric like "System10"

However no luck.

Did you install any client or made any table entries, anything extra apart from what I mentioned?

Or anything to be done in source, SLT or HANA system prior to the LTR - Configuration step?

-Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

Ok, do not use the SYSTEM user as the Configuration Name. The configuration name is equivalent to a schema name that will be created by SLT in HANA. The SLT configuration will also create a user in HANA with the appropriate schema assignment.

With a  configuration name of SYSTEM, you are trying to create a schema that already exists in HANA as SYSTEM is pre-delivered, so do not use SYSTEM again.

I would suggest that you use the following entry:

Configuration name: SLTERP_SIDCLNTXXX where SID = ECC system ID and XXX = ECC client.

This will make it easier to validate which system is supplying the data in the HANA schema.

In the 'Connection to HANA System' section, user name can be SYSTEM with the appropriate password and hostname. Please check that your hostname for the appliance is correct.

Also, you may want to uncheck the Allow Multiple Usage checkbox...if not supported then the system will issue a mesage.

NOTE - once cnnected, you should have a schema and user available in HANA with same name as the Configuration name in SLT.

Once you connect, SLT will create the configuration and replicate the DD* tables to HANA. along with creating the triggers and logging tables, again, wait for the jobs to finish and check in HANA that the tables are in status 'replicate' before adding new tables in data provisioning.

Let me know if this works for you.

Kris