cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the project profile once it is created?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can you please let me know the procedure to change the project profile once it is created? Normally, it is not happening and getting greyed out.

Thanks,

Sudha.i

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

It is SAP standard that you can not change the project profile once the project is created.

Reason: All the parameters defined in the project profile are cascaded to the entire project objects i.e. WBS, Network, Activities etc . So, changing  project profile profile once project is created doesn't make sense.

Useful T-code: OPSA (Project Profile)

Also, follow the following links:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1961391

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-log-ps/project-profile-need-to-be-changed-i...

Alternatively, you can delete the old project(created with wrong project profile) and create a new one.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Ankur

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member218047
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

Its not possible to change Project profile once it is saved in a project. You can delete the project and can create new project with the new project profile.

If you make any changes in the project profile, the changes will not show impact on existing projects. The changes will work for new projects.

Better create new Project with the project profile you need.

Regards,

Seshagiri

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I think if we are making any value addition to the query then more than one answer will be good else replying with ones own idioms and phrases finally leading to the same answer will not make any sense.

Lets maintain the quality in our answers...

Disclaimer: Please do not take it personally...

Regards to all...

MRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though i have also replied to this query i strongly agree with what Mohan has to say.

There is no point in providing the same answer in twisted/jumbled words, unless the people who raise queries fail to understand what the correct answer is.

Lets continue to keep this forum spam free.

Best Regards to all..

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you create a project it is not possible to change the project profile.

As indicated by Tushar, please refer SAP help or search the forum for all such basic queries.

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

It won't be possible to change the project profile. Only possibility is close or delete the project and create new one.

Regards,

MRD 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

This is very basic query... Please search forum before posting.

Still for your benefit, use t code 'OPSA' to check project profile.

Alternatively you can refer following path in config to check Project profile

SPRO -> Project System -> Structures -> Operative Structures -> Work breakdown structure (WBS) -> Create Project profile

Project profile is most important profile for the workbreakdon structure.This profile contains default values and control data for the project.

I would suggest you involve PS expert when doing this.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Tushar