SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Settings in GM

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi :

In global customizing of GM there is an area Main Update settings. There we have to give in COA ranges , thereby specifying the GM value types and the derive rules. Now there are 6 GM value types , of them 54,55,61 and 99 are clear to me but 57 and 60 are causing confusion . Do we have any OSS note indicating their correct use. Moreover for Derive column i understand that Split processor derive Grants is assigned to all those GLs which are of liabilities, Customer , vendor , reserves, taxes payable nature. For expenses and revenue which results in Grants Consumption or increase we use Derive Grant Directly in GM.

For budgeting MM (stock procurement budgeting) in sponsored projects area , which value type do we need to assign to Material valuation class GL accounts in Maintain Update settings..Same is the question for budgeting Assets through MM side which GM value type should be assigned to these Asset acquisition recon accounts , should it be 55 or 99 .  Should it be expense as well ?I need clarification in this regard.

Please guide me through

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

I used GM only once and long time ago, but as far as I remember, GM value types, in the contrast to FM value types, are subject to user definition (GM_VALUETYPES transaction).

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hmm OK and what about the split derivation rules in GM update settings, i have stated the areas of confusion in my first post. Can you please suggest .

Kind Regards

0 Kudos

Atif,

GM value type for asset acquisition should be 99 if you want to consume budget for asset purchases. 55 is generally statistical (i.e. does not consume budget) and 57 is payments (if budget consumption happens on an accrual basis so this is also statistical). 60 is for parked documents which I normally classify as obligations (consume budget but can change).

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Thanks Shyamal, it means just like in FMBCS things which we have to budget are assigned 30/3 , likewise in GM we will use Value type 99 for items we want to budget.

Regards