cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Patch imported objects and activated objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have upgrade the Basis patch from SAPKB70106 to SAPKB70107 in our CRM System.

I observed that there is total 17231 object imported by the package which I can see from the transport created by the patch SAPKB70107 in E071 Table and from SE03.

But when I checked the version modified by this APKB70107 transport package in version VRSD table I can see only 197 object version changed. Means total 197 changed done.

as both number has huge difference, is anyone has idea why these difference?

And how can I find out what exact changes has done by the package?

Appreciate if anyone throw some light.

Regds

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note on 'Create Object Versions During Import' parameter in Support Package Manager Settings (SAP Library - Software Logistics)

Regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume we all agree that a support package is just a (big) transport request delivered from a system called SAP.

The thing is, that a version is only created when you change an object in the same system. If you import objects through a transport request no new version is created. The object is simply overwritten and the version date  in the target system is set to the to the date the request was imported.

I did a quick test where i created report Z1 in system A and did a few changes and imports in system B. Entries in table VRSD were only generated, when i released the request in system A.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michale,

Whenever you change the object either in same system or by transport to other system the version must change for the same object. Did you want to say 197 object version change and other object new to the system? I don't think so. what I feel there is different Object type ( ex. ADIR, CUS0, DOCU..) included in the Patch and activation only required for the object which affect the programming structure of current environment.

Rgds

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not say anything about the 197 objects that were changed.

Did you want to say 197 object version change and other object new to the system?

Absolutely not, a much smaller number of objects were new. I said:

If you import objects through a transport request no new version is created. The object is simply overwritten and the version date  in the target system is set to the to the date the request was imported.

-> thus only one single version exists in a target system, no version history of that object is maintained!

Cheers Michael