cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Division isn't coming at the time of Material Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

While creating a Material Master Division isn't coimg .

Only Sales Org & Distribution Channel is coming,What is the Reason??

Am I missing something??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Biswajit,

One basic thing is that Every material is specific to a particular Division (division represents a particular product group / product line). In material master we are trying to maintain information related to the material based on slection criteria of sales org and distribution channel. SAP provides flexibility to maintain different data if sales org / distribution channel changes. since one material belongs to only one divison we will not have selection criteria as division.

SO we have only sales org/ DC and Plant as selection criteria for a particular meterial while creating Material Master

REWARD IF IT HELPS

REGARDS

SRINI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biswajit,

Please note that "Division" is not an organisational unit when creating Material master as in the case of Customer Master.

That is why you dont get to see Division as a paramater while creating Material master. Every material can only belong to one division.

The following are the organisational units that work as a paramater while creating the material master -

Sales org, Distr channel, Plant, Storage location.

and according to the material type and industrial sector you select in the initial screen determine the material master views.

you only select a division once you get into the screens of material master as every material has to belong to a division.

Hope it was helpful.

Thanks

-Sai

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi biswajit,

AS i told earlier,

u wont get the Division field in "Pop up box" of Organizational Level

U have to enter it in Basic data:-1 screen of material master record only.

Its desingned standard SAP.

*Hope this is clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Should be able to see it.

What hapen if I want to extend to 5 Different Divison ??

Where Can I make that ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By the thread I understand that u are unable to see the division.

Is is right.

If yes, Standard SAP has designed in such a way that u have to enter the material when once u intend to make this material available through that particular sales organization and distribution channel.

When once u enter into the screen for selecting organization levels it prompts for the required sales organization, dc, storage location , plant, that means a material can be created in a plant with differnet sales organization, dc and many others.

And also u can create same with the combination of sales org and dc in another division. For that purpose the division is given inside i.e., in tabs so that u can make ur choice. However this is the job of MM guyz.

Hope this helps.

Mohan

Award points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

first should check division assigned to sales organization in <b>Enterprise Structure-Assignment-Sales and Distribution-Assign division to sales organization</b>

and then u will try on <b>MM01</b>

Rewards point it helps

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biswajit,

as per your Post it seems ,need more information to understand your issue.

" Division is not coming"----

u mean,, when u try to enter Divison,ur not finding ur divison r wat?

if yes, difine division in Ent struc,def-log gen.--

or

when u enter MM01, enter material, material type,industry sector the press Enter,

u ll get a pop up box (organizational Levels), which contains

Plant ,storage location,Valuation area,sales org,dbt channel.n etc..,

but here u wont get any field with the name :Division.

after entering this, press continue

u have to enter divison-- in Basic data-1 Screen.

*Hope it helps u to clear ur doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>when u enter MM01, enter material, material type,industry sector the press Enter,

u ll get a pop up box (organizational Levels), which contains

Plant ,storage location,Valuation area,sales org,dbt channel.n etc..,

but here u wont get any field with the name :Division</b>

Dear,

ur right I m getting the POP up Box,In that I m getting Sales Org ,Distribution Channel but not the Division??

Now I m clear.Plz guide me What to Do??