cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Org Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We are implementing SAP for a company, wherein a major junk of business from various verticals like SAP, Mobility and web solutions. Company has already implemented SAP for SAP business. Now we need to extend the implementation for other businesses like Mobility and Web solutions. we need to finalize the org structure. Following options are listed out keeping the current implementation in line. There is one company code and one Sales org for SAP business is defined in SAP. Distribution channel is Domestic Sales.

Option 1: Creating Multiple Sales organizations for Mobility and Web solutions in addition to SAP Sales org, with common Distribution Channels as Domestic Sales and Foreign Sales. Divisions are finalized as Services and Maintenance in Current usage.

Option 2: Creating one common Sales Organization for Mobility and Web solutions in addition to SAP Sales org, with Multiple Distribution channels as Mobility Domestic Sales, Mobility Foreign Sales, Web solutions Domestic Sales and Web solutions Foreign Sales.

Can anyone suggest that which option could be the best and why???

with regards,

Dayanand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would prefer the second option; keeping one sales org and different distribution channels.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

As of now in SAP, an existing sales organization represents SAP Business. Is is not a right way, to take other business like Mobility and Web solutions, also in the same line which represents, individual sales organizations(option 1).

If I run a report for ex:VA05 at Sales organization level(which is also mandatory) I get results with respect to the respective sales organizations. other wise I have to maintain distribution channel along with Sales organization if I choose option 2.

Could you please indicate, what advantage, we get if we maintain, One sales org and different Distribution Channels against option 1. If we look at sales area level in both the cases it remains same. i.e 8 sales areas.

Please help us out.

with regards,

Dayanand

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wont say having multiple sales organisation is a diadvantage but from reporting point of view, having one sales organisation is defintely an advantage.  But if the Business warrants to have multiple sales organisation, you can certainly go for it.

G. Lakshmipathi

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with PPIO, as this is purely depends on business decision. If business asks you whether they have multiple sales organization, then you can refer the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/d3/4b4f85843b11d29c5c0000e8a51c6e/content.htm for possible reasons. My choice would be option 2, unless other business are carried out in different country.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dayananda Murthy ,

Option 1 would be ideal to have better flexibility for Reporting. Moreover our understanding is that the Business user will be different for Mobility and Web solutions. If so, you will have better authorization control.

With Regards

Vinu Nanjan

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

from my point of view it is not easy to give you the right option at this stage...

personally, the option 2 looks better to me.

you probably need to talk to business holders and only after all processes are cleared you might make the desicion. work with your implementation team.

regrads,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dayanad,

You should go for first option as it will give you a clear picture of two different businesses & also it will be easy for you to have different sales area because you have same division & distribution channel.

So create different sales organization for mobility & web business.

Regards,

Dharminder dalal