cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS milestone process

Former Member
0 Kudos

in PS milestone billing, do we have the T-code to confirm milestone or we can only use CAT2 to confirm activity(then attach milestone under activity)?

in first downpayment, do we first manually using VA02 to remove billing block of downpayment or system can auto detect milestone has been achieved? then manualy using F-28 to generate downpayment request, then create downpayment posting?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Apart from confirming activity, you can also enter actual date in milestone to confirm it. This can help in case you have multiple milestones to single activity and you want to confirm milestones one by one.

Regards

Shrikant

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Refer thread: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3230613

Regards,

MRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, if milestone A is defined as after 2012.May.3, I enter 2012.May.5 will it confirm the milestone? there is no t-code of it?

say downpayment is 20% of contract revenue.

regarding to the milestone process, once receive downpayment, confirm activity, billing block is removed, then we can do billing on the down payment 20%? I think we need billing 20% first then we can receive down-payment.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Robin

The MS billing works as follows.

Based on your item category configuration, when you create a sales order item, the billing plan screen is enabled.

When you link the line item to a WBS element or a network which has milestones (linked to activities in case of networks), the milestone usages trigger the billing dates in the sales order item. You can also manually trigger the billing dates in sales order line item based on the WBS element. As a result you will have various billing dates and billing items in the billing plan tab.

So far the sales process and PS process is good.

Now

When the activity is confirmed or actual dates are updated in milestones, if the milestone is a billing milestone, then it will remove the billing block of the billing item of billng plan where the date category is same as the milestone usage, or the milestone number in both SD and PS are same.

Once this is done, you can create a downpayment request in VF01 or VF04. Until this point there is no need for F-28.

This creates a down payment request and the value of teh condition type AZWR becomes the value of the downpayment request. This creates an accounting document in FI posting to noted items for downpayment request ( i think of type F)

Now you do the payment for the DPR in F-29 during which the spl GL indicator A is used. Now the downpayment request is cleared in FI and DPR becomes cleared in SD.

I hope this clears the doubts in the process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. you mention the downpayment process but not full cycle.

for example I have another progressive payment and final billing.

do I release another activity for next progressive payment orI should release the previous downpayment activity, then should we do the partial delivery? what should be other steps? how progressive payment is billed, is it different from the final billing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have attached the milestone under an activity you will have to confirm the activity to indicate that the milestone has reached, which will then remove the billing block in the sales order for that particular billing plan line item. Refer the answer i posted in one of your earlier threads to know about ways fo doing confirmation.

For down payment, if you have a defined an activity and that activity has a milestone, just confirm that activity once you receive the down payment. This will cause the billing block to be removed. System wont detect automatically that a milestone has reached. Confirmation is the way to let the system know that the milestone has reached and this will automatically remove the billing block.

Refer SAP Help to understand more about this.