cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reservation through MB21 with movement type 221

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am creating the reservation through Tcode mb21 with movement type 221 where i am putting the WBS ,material ,quantity and storage location .

Although budget is not available but reservation is getting created.

Steps :

Step-1--Creation Of project and WBS through CJ20n.

Step-2-Budgeting and budget release for Rs 5000.(tcode CJ30 and CJ32)

Step-3-Equipment has been created with respective WBS.Budget check is on place.

Step-4-PM order is craeted and actual cost has been posted for Rs 4000.

Step-5-Now i am creating the manual reservation through MB21 with movement type 221.Then system  is allowing to create the reservation more than available amount i.e 1000.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

For Material Reservation:

There will be no CO commitment from material reservations. Kindly check the SAP Note 91036 for the same.One more thing that If you do the budgeting in PS and using network activity, the reservation made for NWA will be considered as Remaining Order Plan which will book the budget.

NOTE: Experts, kindly correct me if I am wrong .

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Shrikant is right.

Budget check doesn't happens at reservation level in standard SAP. While creating reservation system will not make any commitment or actuals so no budget check is there. This is standard sap behavior. Along this concept behind reservation is that you are reserving resource for future use which may occur or may not occur.

However you can achieve this by user exit-EXIT_SAPMM07R_001. In this While saving reservation system check for available budget.

But I suggest you to let it be as it is. While issue of material system will check for budget as actual will appear there subject to addition of Tr. group 3 or ++ in tolerence limit of budget profile chosen (SPRO->PS->Cost->Budget->Define tolerance limit). If this is not maintained then maintain it.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys ,

Config and everything is in place and i knew it before that this is SAP standard behaviour but its hard to convince the client and i feel its logical also if WBS option is available then system should check first budget then it should allow for reservation creation .Any way thanks Guys.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

in addition to above:

Budget is not checking while creating manual reservation through MB21 with movement type 221

but when you good issue to any object with movement type 221 though MIGO at the time of migo with doc type reservation system will check budget if you have already configure budget tolerance for ++ activity group as pre-requisite.

II scenario if you can create reservation though cj20n tcode.

Regards,

Sanjeev

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

• In addition to Shrikant's suggestion, please check if AVAC is present there in system ststus of WBS. If not, maintain it by t-code CJBN/CJBV .
  • Check in T-code OPS9 the Activation Type(for the concerned budget profile) under the field name "Availability Control". You can make it "1" if it's not there .
  • Check if the 'Availability control action' "3" is present there or not for the concerned budget profile.It not, then please set it up.

For Material Reservation:

There will be no CO commitment from material reservations. Kindly check the SAP Note 91036 for the same.One more thing that If you do the budgeting in PS and using network activity, the reservation made for NWA will be considered as Remaining Order Plan which will book the budget.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Check Tolerance Group and Exempt cost elements in SPRO>PS>Costs>Budget. Further I think budget check doenst happen at reservation level. Try to do good issue against your reservation and check if system stops you.

Regards

Shrikant