cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.20 patch 11 / NwSapSetup.exe RC=1

Dave_S
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am in the process of coordinating the installation of SAP GUI 7.20 patch 11 (gui720_11-10007878.exe) to about 100 PCs. Our client (PC/workstation) management team is pushing the patch using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). They report that NwSapSetup.exe is ending with return code 1. No error logs (%ProgramFiles%\SAP\SAPSetup\Errors\) are generated.

As near as I can tell, RC=1 is not critical; and the SAP GUI "Front-End components on [the target] workstation are correctly installed," per the front-end installation check tool.

The client management team says that  the SCCM wrapper script cannot ignore the non-zero return code. I don't know enough about SCCM to argue otherwise.

Can this be resolved in any way from the gui720_11-10007878.exe side?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I've only seen return code 1 where the installation files were corrupted.

Did you download compilation 3 of the 7.20 DVD and retry to create the package again?

Jude

Dave_S
Explorer
0 Kudos

It's compilation 2 before patch 11 is installed, and compilation 3 afterward.

We downloaded gui720_11-10007878.exe from the SAP Service Market Place.

Are you suggesting a full install rather than just the patch?

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Yes it might be better to download the compilation 3 DVD,create or update your existing

installation server and update the sapsetup and sapsetup AWUS patches to patch 17

and then test the package.

Best Regards,

Jude

Dave_S
Explorer
0 Kudos

Jude,

I appreciate the suggestion, but that would mean a development and test cycle which we don’t have time for, and defeats the point of a patch.

I'm working on the client management team to ignore the return code in the SCCM wrapper (ContinueOnError option).

Thanks,

Dave

Dave_S
Explorer
0 Kudos

I opened a Customer Message. The analyst reviewed NwSapSetup.log and found the following error messages:

------------

10:56:47 NwSapFeiUt 1E Error in expression '<>""' at posistion 2 '<><-here ""': parse error, expecting `$'

10:56:47 NwSapsAtlC 1E Condition error in document "C:\Program Files\SAP\SAPsetup\Setup\SapGuiWksta.xml"

------------

He recommended installing the latest SAPSetup patch.

The SAPSetup patch was added to the installer script, and initial testing is good.

The package will be sent to 100+ workstations next week.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

That's good to know, Dave,