cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter criteria for webdynpro table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.

How to create a filter criteria for webdynpro table...

The senario is like this..If i have a username and user description in table.If the click on username table row header a filter criteria should open in which can enter username and if i click on OK button only that row should be visible in the table.

Awating for your reply

Katrice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice

Ditto on what Monishankar says above, I just wanted to add some links to documentation.

Cheers,

Amy

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

It good to use ALV instead of table to get a filter criteria in the output & also u can do more if u want.

However in case of specific requirement if u r using table & want to apply filter then u have to follow some certain steps to get the functionality.

Check component 'DEMO_TABLE' in your system. Chek view 'SORT_AND_FILTER_VIEW'. Its very easy to define &  also test the appplication to get a overview of the filter functionality.

Reply in case of any issue.

Regards,

Monishankar Chatterjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create a filter on the column 'user name'. In the Layout, go to this Column and Bind the 'Filtervalue' property to some attribute in a context node.

Also assign some action to the Table event 'onFilter'. In the handler read the value of user input and accordingly remove the rows which does not fulfill the filter criteria and bind the internal table again.

Don't forget to keep a copy of the internal table in a view attribute or any other place.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create Toolbar and Add Filter(link to URL),Search Button, Input field at top.

By clicking Filter, Search button & input field should be visible.

Enter the search criteria in input field and click on search using Select stmt fetch the query(use keyword LIKE).Populate result in Table control.

Regards,

Ashok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use ALV instead of Table COntrol in Wendynpro and that will provide the Filter utility by default.

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think if you use ALV table output , it is inbuilt functionality.