cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply export/import of sap dual stack installation with different sid id on same DB?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a sap dual stack installation on Os windows and DB Oracle.

The ABAP and Java instance has oven SID id name, and they are part on sap mmc.

But they are install on same DB and they have same db name and installed on the same DB on the same server.

I am trying to find out how can I take import an export of this installation.

Should I take a export as a dual stack for this installation or Java part and abap part on oven?

If I take a dual stack export what about this to SID id?

I had take a export of this to instance as Java part and Abap part.

After that I had first imported ABAP part all things works googd, but when I import the Java part somehow java import had overwrite abap db, so I could not start abap instance.

Any idea how can I apply export/import from this installation

Thanks.  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use SAPINST to export the dual stack system . During the export via SAPINST , under the export directory , you will find 2 directories JAVA and ABAP and a file LABELIDX.ASC

Now segregate the export into 2 parts , one for ABAP and another JAVA as follows

Create a new export directory for JAVA and move the JAVA directory as mentioned above into the this new directory . Copy the file LABELIDX.ASC under the new export directory for JAVA and remove the line containing ABAP . The file LABELIDX.ASC should only contain a line JAVA.

In the original export directory , remove the line JAVA from file LABELIDX.ASC and it should have a line with ABAP only .

Now you have 2 exports 1 for ABAP and another for JAVA and you can use them to install 2 SAP systems with its own SIDs.

The ABAP export will have everything required for the ABAP system and same goes for JAVA system .

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wii try that. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnajit,

Now I have to separet directory one for java another for abap. Can I import this to in the same DB, or it should ba on deferent db.

Thanks

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want them in the same database , then either go for dual-stack system or MCOD . In MCOD , when you install make sure you use the correct DBSID ,SAPSID and schema-id for the second component that you install in the same database. For , MCOD , make sure you have separate JAVA and ABAP export directories (not under the same export directory).

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for help

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

You should select the dual stack option in sapinst. You can choose a different SID for the SAP (ABAP/Java) system and use the current DB SID.

Is this what you wanted to know?

Kr. Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Thanks for reply, My question is if I do choos dual stack, So I have to Sid with to profile file, Which one should I choos abap or java?

Or I should first run sapinst export dual stack for abap and again for java?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Via SAPInst, you could export both ABAP and Java in one go.

You would not need to export ABAP and Java parts seperately.

Choose the profile of the ABAP instance like : <SID>_DVEBMSGXX_<hostname>. SAPInst will recognize that its a dual stack.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

I will du that, what about import fase, Du sapinst carete Java SID  and abap SID with deferent SID name?

Thanks again.

Regards

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

No, since it's a dual stack the ABAP and java reside under the same SID.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea how can I take a export/import of this sap installation.

Dual stack sap installation with defferent sid for JAVA and ABAP on same DB name.

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like you're running two single stacks in one database. This is called MCOD (Multiple Components One Database).

So in this case you have to perform separate exports of both systems.

Kr. Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have perform separate exports of both system.

What about import any idea how can I imporet this to separate system one DB?

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you selected the MCOD option during the import?

When checking the system copy guide, it states:

You cannot copy an individual MCOD component to another system. You can only copy the complete system.

As a prerequisite:

It must be possible to restore the backup of the source system on the platform of the target system

So it looks like when performing an MCOD system copy you have to use the database specific tools (backup/restore) option, instead of export/import.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First perform the ABAP system export and import. This would create the database with ABAP schema on that target system.

Next while importing Java export - try providing the already existing database instance details (created for ABAP earlier) in SAPInst for the Java target system as well.

Hope it helps.

Also I feel it might be easier if you do away with the MCOD here. Do you really need MCOD on the target? Are there specific reasons to have the ABAP and Java stack in MCOD?

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

I am importet abap system and thats work, but when I import java on existing DB, I cannot start abap part just java part vil start.

This is a old installation that I an trying upgrade.

So is it passible to separat this to system? They use same Db name and schema . 

Thanks