cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message doesn't appear in Message Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've created a File to Idoc scenario. But when I test the scenario the message doesn't come up in the Message Monitoring(SXMB_MONI and RWB). The message doesn't create a record in the logging as well.

I have checked the Communication Channel Monitoring. The message is picked up and processed succesfully here. It seems the message just disappears.

Does anyone know where I can check if the scenario found a problem?

Thanks,

Koen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've found the problem:

The message was dropped due the 'Empty file-handling' parameter was set to 'Don't create message'.

The source wasn't filled because of incorrect key-references in de Content Conversion.

So the message was dropped and not send to the Message monitoring.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have send a test message in the RWB Component Monitoring. The test works fine and the message is send as Idoc to the receiver.

How can it be that the message is not send from the File adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you are able to see the message at communication channel monitoring, click on the message check the audit log, it will show the complete. check whether the message is able to reach the PI system.

As you are able to trigger the message from PI to the receiver as IDOC, then there might be an issue with the JAVA ABAP connection. Please check with your BASIS team to fix the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hanumantha, where can I see the Audit logging?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koen,

If you are able to see the message ID in CC monitoring, then try to check in Message Monitoring with the message ID. You be able to find the message, there check the status of the message.

If the message is successful at message monitoring and not able to find the message in MONI, then there might be an issue with the JCO connection.

Try to validate this way, you would be able to find a hint.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanumantha,

Yes there is a message Id visible in the CC monitoring. But when I search for the Id in the Message Monitoring, no records are found.

Can I have made an error in my interface?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perform XI Readiness check.

Try to check the Design and configuration objects and test your mapping and configuration.

Also check the JCO connection (communication between Java and ABAP stack)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have another scenario with the same adapters(File to Idoc) which does work. Is that enough for a readiness check and JCO connection check?

And I've tested the interface with the "Test Configuration" tool, which works fine too.

It seems like the message just "disappears" after picked up by the CC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check at the PI inbound queue, message might stuck with an error message.

if not, please provide the configuration of the interface. So that, I can analyze if any issue occurs due to configuration.

Also check the JCO connections.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked the PI inboud queue. No error's stuck here.

Configuration is just straight forward. File content conversion mapped to Idoc format.

How can I check the JCO connection? If I already have a File to Idoc interface, shouldn't the JCO connection already work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the other interface working fine, then there should be some issue with the current one.

What is the status of the message in the Adapter engine? If not successful, then try to check the cause of the issue or try to process the message from Integration engine and check.

For JCO connection, contact BASIS team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, the Communication Channel monitoring shows there was a message processed. With a message Id. So this suggests that the adapter is working as planned.

But I thought if the error is not shown by the CC, it will be shown in the Message monitoring, but thats not the case here. Maybe there is a place where I can check? I've tried to create a new sender agreement and interface determination, but it won't affect the problem.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Schouten,

Does the file get picked from the source directory?

if the file picked up then there should be an entry in message monitoring.

Regards,

Naveen.

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Schouten,

check the pipline steps configuration enable or not.

1 Go to TCode SXMB_ADM

2 .Execute the integration Engine Configuration

3.Go to change mode

Check the paratmeters Parameters, Current values..... it should be like

and check the abap and java connection.

in messages monitoring check the adopter engine level and integration engine level.

Thanks and regards,

Kesava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

As mentioned above, yes, the files are picked up and archived. The Communication Channel Monitoring shows no errors in the adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kesava,

I've checked the SXMB_ADM on the parameters you've given. The values are exactly the same.

The ABAP and JAVA connection are working and proven as other interfaces on the same connection work propperly.

When I look into the Message Monitoring on Adapter Engine level and Integration level, there are no records shown from the interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koen,

Try to set following parameters in SXMB_ADM

Logging = 1

Logging_sync = 1

trace_level = 3

Hope it will solve the problem

Regards,
Shradha

former_member102048
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you check if the message logging has been enabled in SXMB_ADM

Regards,

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Ok, I've checked the SXMB_ADM. The logging is enabled. Errors in other interface are visible in the logging except the one mentioned above.

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Schouten,

you can see the message in CC monitoring.?

Right Then you note down Message id and then try to search with that in SXMB_MONI,and check for time also/

Regards

Gagandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply Batra. Yes, I can see the message in the CC monitoring. But when I search for the message in de SXMB_MONI it doesn't come up.

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if your message is successful the you can search backward direction also,

check the receiver side for IDOC number which is created   for particular time and for that message  in WE05.

and then come to IDX5 try to find with same idoc number