cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button to navigate to first page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created an application which creates job and other details. My manager wanted an option of creating another job on the last screen. He needed a button (Create another job) and on clicking it should navigate to the first page of the application.

Could anyone let me know how to achieve this functionality?

With regards,

SVR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to add this code for your last VC controller, create a method in your VC Controller and call this method from view.

fpm.navigate(wdThis.wdGetFcNavigationInterface().getNavigationTargetCurrentService());

For this method you should use FCNavigation component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

But when incorporated in my application, after clicking on that button, I am getting a blank screen. Could you please let me know what went wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to execute the bapi as same as what you have done for your initial page. It should be in same method in your VC controller.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

For navigating back to first page, you can create an OUTBOUND plug to the last view from where u want to navigate and create an INBOUND plug to the first view.

Then create a link between these plugs.

In the action of the button on clicking of which u want to navigate write this code:

wdThis.wdFireplug<outbound plug name>;

For creation of plugs u can refer to the following tutorial(from page 14 onwards).

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a71eaae5-0601-0010-4fb5-82956614...

and also this one:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cfb80249-0801-0010-3eaa-829afeac...

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

But as mentioned earlier, I am using SAP's standard FPM in my application. I assume that I cant define the plugs here. Could you please let me know an alternative?

SVR

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u want to navigate between pages fireplug is the only solution

AFAIK.

Regards,

Vijai

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create fireplug outbound from second page and inbound fireplug from page one.

Create datalink between two..

then onAction of that button write this code.

wdThis.wdFirepluge<obplugname>();

Regards,

Vijai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just want to add that I am using FPM here