cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place space between two buttons on the same line in a view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have place two buttons on a view and am using matrix layout. For the first button made the layout as MatrixHeaderData and for the second MatrixData. when executed the button both are appearing without any space in between them. i tried with vGutter property for both but still my problem not at solved.

Can anybody help me to place a space in between the two buttons.

Regards,

Govardhan D

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

thompsondo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Change the cell design for your buttons with the rPad or lPad.  this will give you space between the buttons on a the same line.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks to ur response. I have done this by placing a ButtonRow UI element in the same transparent control where the buttona are places and keeping all the reuired buttons inside the ButtonRow element.

This is working fine.

Regards,

Govardhan Duvva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks to ur response. I have done this by placing a ButtonRow UI element in the same transparent control where the buttona are places and keeping all the reuired buttons inside the ButtonRow element.

This is working fine.

Regards,

Govardhan D.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Horiztional Gutter between two buttons and keep MatrixData and make rule area property to none and give required width.

Regards,

Ashok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put the buttons in a transparent container and make the width 100% and use Vgutter for the second button , It will work.

Thanks

Phani

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Govardhan,

I have used the button's cellDesign property to create space between buttons. Give the left-hand button cellDesign = rPad (right padding) and the right-hand button cellDesign = lPad (left padding). If you want even more space than that padding gives you, you can insert an InvisibleElement between the buttons and give the InvisibleElement a specific width.

Cheers,

Amy

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a transparent container.  If you have 2 buttons and you also want to put a space between them, set the ColCount on the Transparent contaier to 3.  Then link the first button, then a horisontal gutter and then the second button.

This will work.

Regards

Debbie 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie,

I haven't find the property ColCount for the Transparent container.

Regards,

Govardhan D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie,

I haven't find the property ColCount for the Transparent container.

Regards,

Govardhan D

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Set your Transparent Container to Grid layout.  You will then see it.

Regards
Debbie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put the transparent container in between two buttons and mention some height for the transparent conatainer. Then space will get created betwwen buttons.