Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle as database for ERP2005 and ERP2004

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am on a Solaris 10, Oracle 10.2 environment. I have already installed Solution Manager 4.0 on a NW2004s platform. Now I would like to install ERP2004 (NW04)on the same server, using the same Oracle database. Is this possible?? We are thinking about splitting Solaris into 3 zones, so that each zone acts (almost) like a separate server.

Please help, this is an urgent issue...

Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use the option <b>mcod (multiple components in one database)</b> when asked during installation of the database instance...the databases will the be distiguished using the appropriate database schema. ie. sapdev and sapqas (examples!)

GreetZ, AH

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas!

Thank you for your quick reply! Is it possible to do it without the use of MCOD, and instead use several ORACLE_HOME's?

Thanks,

Thomas

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes...you can either use mcod or different ora_homes...i presume you use ora 10g for all instances?

GreetZ, AH

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I use ora 10g for all instances. Is there anything in general that I should be aware of when splitting the Solaris server into zones, and using several ora_homes?

Thomas

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry...splitting solaris into zones is not one of my favourites...never done that before ;-(

GreetZ, AH

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, Andreas.

Thanks again!

Points awarded.

Regards,

Thomas

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again, Andreas.

Just to confirm... there are no issues regarding running NW2004s (SOLMAN) and NW04 ERP2004 on the same oracle database?

Thomas

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

none that i've heard of....but to be sure, have sap answer that question as they have the in-depth knowledge about their kernel products....

GreetZ, AH

Answers (0)