Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Integration with Virtual Directory

jim_oshea5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have configured or ldap connection to the virtual directory in SAP and it connects ok.

Following the guide :

https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-26538

I've created the query for the export and activated it.

In report SPLDAP_DISPLAY_LOG_TABLES we get lots of errors like:

The key (RDN) for employee record of personnel number 00002001 is initial
Message no. 5W581

Diagnosis
The key (RDN) for an employee record is initial. The key is required to export the employee record to a connected LDAP directory server.

Procedure
To fill the key, implement the HRLDAP_ATTRIBUTES BAdI with a value, or activate the BAdI implementation of the same name that is provided by SAP. The SAP implementation consists of a concatenation from the logical system from which the employee data originates and the employee's personnel number.

Has anyone come across this and have a solution to the issue ?

Thanks

Jim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim

Try the following:

1. go to TCode SE80
  2. Edit Object
  3. Tab Enhancements
  4. BAdI (Impl.): HRLDAP_ATTRIBUTES
  5. See if it's active, else activate it and try again

Alternative:

1. Goto TCode SPRO
  2. Tree Integration with other mySAP -> Business Packages -> LDAP Enabled DS...
  3. Customize the Activity "BAdI: Changing Attribute Values" (or activate it)
  4. Also read the documentation provided.

BR

Michael

jim_oshea5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I'd been looking in this area but I'm not very familar with BADI's. It turns out we have already got an implementation of  HRLDAP_ATTRIBUTES called Z_HRLDAP_ATTRIBUTES which is active.

Do I need to make a change elsewhere for the export to use Z_HRLDAP_ATTRIBUTES or should it do this automatically ?

Thanks

jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim

It seems that in your Z-Implementation the RDN is not being populated. You should ask an ABAP guy to check.

BR

Michael

jim_oshea5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the help. I de-activated  the current z implementation and created my own and it worked. I now know that the z implementation was the issue.

Thanks again

Jim

Answers (0)