cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC10 - Post Installation Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Im trying to finish the post-installations steps for AC10 only environment. So far, I've done the following:

- I have installed a NW AS ABAP 7.02 (SPS12) with GRCFND_A V1000 addon (SP09).
- I have installed an ERP 6.0 EhP5 with GRCPIERP and GRCPINW addons (SP09).

- I have done the "Activating the Applications in Clients" step in SPRO (GRC-AC only).

- I have checked the SAP ICF services (/sap/public, /sap/bc and /sap/grc).

Now I have to activate to BC Sets, however, I dont know which ones are mandatory. Where can I find more documentation about them? I have checked the "Access Control BC Sets Table" in the Installation Guide but there's no more information about them. So far, I have activated the "GRAC_RA_RULESET_COMMON" and I also try to activate the "GRAC_RA_RULESET_SAP_R3" but ended with warnings. The warning message are like:

"View V_GRFNCONNTYPE: View cluster VC_GRFN_CCI_TS_CONNECTOR does not contain data at all levels", Is this normal or I have to change something and repeat the activation?. Another question, can the bc sets be deactivated?

What is next? I've seen the "AC 10.0 Post-Installation" presentation and there's a step in SPRO: Access Control/Mantain Configuration Settings. Do I need to change something there?

Thank for your help,

cK.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

CK: 

You can find a document on SMP that is in the same place as all of the installation guides called Maintaining Configuration Settings Guide - SAP AC 10.0.  This document describes all of the configuration parameters.

For the BC sets, I usually state to activate all BC sets initially EXCEPT the ones with "Ruleset" in their name.  There is no harm in activating all the NON RULESET BC sets initially. 

The appropriate ruleset BC sets should be activated only after you have determined which rulesets you are going to use in your AC10 environment.  The installation guide give you the list of BC sets available.  Please note that the R3 rule set will place all the rules in the same connector group vs splitting out the Basis / HR / R3 core rules into logical groupings.

There are documents listed in SDN that gives information for each functionality that goes past the initial GRC10 Post installation.  For example, for access risk analysis, the document is titled,

AC 10.0 Pre-Implementation - From Post-Installation to First Risk Analysis. 

Regarding the error message, please review Note 1576444 - GRC 10.0 Error while activating the BC Set.

It is my understanding that you cannot 'deactivate' a BC set once activated, you would just need to make the necessary configuration changes.

thanks

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for all your help. I have checked the SAP Note 1576444, so I guess I shouldn't worry about the activation issue anymore. The Configuration Guide explain every parameter so I have moved forward to the next Post- Installation steps (according to "AC 10.0 Post-Installation presentation"):

- I have createad a RFC to my ERP system (Create connector step).

- I have defined the Connector background parameters.

The next step is to Set Connector Application Type, however, the screen is different: I have a "Path ID" and a "PSS" checkbox, the "Active" checkbox is gone too. should I leave in blank both (Path ID and PSS)?

The Activation Workflow is mandatory? This step is not mentioned either in the Post-Installation of the Installation Guide and the "AC 10.0 Post-Installation presentation". However, this is the final step in "the GRC 10.0 Post-Installation".

One last question, Is it mandatory to use the NWBC/Portal for AC functionality? Can I use SAP GUI 720/730 instead? or SAP GUI is only for customizing?

Best regards,

cK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right.. you login via SAP GUI for customization/configuration only.. to access the AC functionality you need to either use NWBC or Portal..

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

CK:

Path ID is for the HR systems to determine what the Manager Path is.  This is the same configuration you would have done on the CUP connector in AC 5.3 for Manager Path (A002 or B012 i think are the values).

PSS = Password Self Service.  If you are not using this functionality, leave the check box blank.  This is set by system.

Yes, you need to use either Portal or NWBC for the end user UI.  The SAP GUI is for EAM, GRC Administration tasks and configuration.

I am not sure what you mean about Activation Workflow.  If you are referring to IMG Activty Activate Event Linkages, that is already listed in GRC 10 Post Installation (along with Activating Common workflow settings).  If that is not what you are referring to, please reply with more info.

Thanks,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

Yes, I was talking about the section "Activate Common Workflow", is this step mandatory for AC only enviroment? If yes, is this part of the post-installation? because is not mentioned in the installation guide but only in the "GRC 10 Post Installation".

Best regards,

cK.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you should go through each config parameter and maintain it according to your need.. also follow the "GRC 10.0 - Post-Installation" guide to activate the workflows (SWU3 etc..)