cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating data from SAP HANA into SAP NW Portal 7.3 via Web-Service?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community!

I habe got a question about integrating data from SAP HANA into SAP NW Portal 7.3.

Is there any possibility to extract data from SAP HANA (e.g. with a web service or something else), then styling those data with SAPUI5 and finally displaying those on SAP NW Portal 7.3.?

I am trying to find a solution without a BO-tool, but via a web service or something like this.

There you can see a self-made picture for better understanding, what I would like to do:

Thank you very much for answering,

Regards,

Union

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There is a technology within SAP HANA for providing REST based services.  It is the HANA Extended Application Serices (XS).  It is a application server and development environment embedded directly within HANA.  However it is currently only available to pilot customers and partners.  General availabilty isn't planned until SP6 next year. 

If you wanted, you could apply to be in the pilot.  If interested in more information you can conact me directly.  Otherwise you would have to look at another application server layer in there to provide the web service.  You could consider Java (via JDBC), Dot Net (via ODBC), or ABAP (via ADBC/Secondary Database Connection). In particluar with ABAP and NetWeaver Gateway 2.0 SP4 and higher, we have specialized functionality to generate REST Services from existing HANA tables and views with very little coding.

Answers (0)