cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payer's payment terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to get Payer’s Payment terms from  KNVV table based on an INVOICE. Is the following logic is correct.

GET KNVV - ZTERM ,

WHERE KNVV - KUNNR =VBRK- KUNRG AND

KNVV - VKORG = VBRK - VKORG AND

KNVV-SPART = VBRK-SPART AND

KNVV- VTWEG = VBRK-VTWEG

If the above logic isn't correct, Please advice correct logic.

Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As an ABAPer, I can confirm that your logic is correct.

I should note though (as if the SD guys have not confused you enough ) that this will read the payment terms at the moment when report runs. Customer master records are subject to change at any time, e.g. it could've been different when invoice was created. But I hope it's OK.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

P Kumar,

Your logic is correct.

You might want to think of a date or date range in the selection screen, to ascertain the number of records in your output (i.e. number of billing documents > number of payers> number of records with payment terms)

Message was edited by: T W

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Payment terms

pass the details in VBRK to corresponding Fields and fetch the Data

VBRK - VBELN ( Billing Document)

VBRK - FKART ( Document Type)

VBRK - VKORG ( Sales org.)

VBRK - KUNRG ( payer)

Pick VBRK - ZTERM ( Payment Terms)

If you want division Wise

Pass the Billing Numbers into VBRK - VBLEN  to VBRP - VBELN

and pick the Invoices VBRP- VBELN if VBRP - SPART = "Give Division Code"

Again Pass the VBRP - VBELN to VBRK - VBELN and PICK VBRK- ZTERM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your information. However, i'm quite confused.

I want to fetch payer's sales area based on an invoice number for a z report. What should be the logic ?

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to freeze the requirement first.

A payer can exist in multiple sales areas, then what is the requirement to read the sales area?

I suppose, requirement is to fetch the sales area for a particular invoice. if yes, you dont need to read the payer, you can get sales area directly in VBRP(for sales area in order- VKORG cum VTWEG) & VBRK(sales area in Invoice-VKORG cum VTWEG) based on VBRP-VBELN.

If not, explain the complete report requirement eg: why you need to fetch payer's sales area?

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to fetch the sale area of a payer in Invoice, to get payment terms maintained in KNVV table of the customer ( payer ). I mentioned logic in my very first post. Is it correct ? if not please suggest right logic.  Thank You

Regards,

Kumar

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

As you know, Payment terms will be copied from Payer master during order creation & same will be flown to Invoice. You can directly read payment terms from Invoice document. ( pressume, if payment term not changed manually in order).

My queries are:-

- Why you dont want to read the payment terms from Invoice document?

- If you want to read the Payment terms from Payer master data, what if the payer exists in more than one sales area?  or Payer will create Only in single sales area, wont be in multiple sales areas.

if you have proper answers for the above 2 queries & want to read from payer master data , then above logic is fine.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement according to which, business wants us to fetch this value from Payer's customer master  but not from Invoice (as there is scope for changing the same in order ).So in order to fetch payment terms from KNVV, we want to get to know the sales are of the payer so that ,we can get correct record from KNVV  table . Please advice.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

My 2nd query is still unanswered. As i told in my above post. If Payer cant create in more than one sales area, then your above logic holds good.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reazuddin MD,

If Payer cant create in more than one sales area, then your above logic holds good.

Even if the same payer is created for multiple sales areas, the above logic shall hold.

Becuase as Sales area is taken, there would  be unique payment terms for Payer & Sales area combination.

E.g.

Payer1, Sales Area1, PaymentTerms1

Payer1, SA2, PTerms2

Payer1, SA3, PTerms3

Message was edited by: T W Made changes, to explain in a clearer manner.