cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the WBS element of project in SAP ecc 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can you please let me know the procedure of changing the wbs element of project in SAP ECC 6.0 Version?

Thanks,

Sudha.I

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

Changing WBS is not a big thing. But you are not the concern dear.

You need authorization of CJ02 i.e. Change. Which fall under critical t-codes of SAP.

Change must be in consent of authorized person and must be conveyed to all users.

Take proper approval and then ask for CJ02 to basis people.

I personally suggest you to guide people for doing things instead of doing it by your own hand.

As Ankur said, Involve PS guy and do it in testing server.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

This might be an authorization problem in E66 6.0 but in SAP 3.1i version i could make it unprotected from Extras-project number-unprotected path of Cj02. Can you please tell me how this would be possible in ECC 6.0?

Thanks,

Sudha.I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should check with your BASIS team why this kind of differences exists between two version of SAP?

They are the correct ones to answer your query. Otherwise try to findout does you have an authorization to change using SU53. The output will let you know what exactly you have.

Then you talk to BASIS team and correct it.

Is it happening in D or Q environment, you must be having an access in D but not get extended to Q since you are a FICO consultant.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have not replied to my answer. can you share what is happening at your end for information.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Actually i'm trying to change the wbs element after it was saved. So, i could not do it due to authorization in sap ecc 6.0. So, i've been checking with you if there was any alternative way.

Thanks.

Sudha.I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

Please stop saying sir and don't use such words here.

As I said you can check with your Basis team and find out the do you have an authorization to change WBS in new environment ECC6.0 like what you did in the past.

The easy and simple way is ask you Basis team to set up test role which should resemble to earlier version and test. take SU53 screen shot that will let you know does you have the authorization or not.

BTW is problem solved or not yet.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Run T-code CJ20N

At extreme left of the screen, you'll find the following icon:

Click it,Then, Enter the WBS number in the coming screen as shown below:

Then, you will find the WBS details as shown below:

NOTE : Please involve your PS consultant in this process and let him/her know about the changes before you make them.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

In CJ20N, the WBS screen, the WBS element is displayed as greyed out. Can you please let me know how to ungrey it so i can change the WBS element.

Thanks,

Sudha.I

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

As Pranav pointed out, it may be a Authorization problem. Check with your BASIS guy and take authorizations for create/change/delete etc. (hope you are doing it in testing server).

Also, confirm that no other user is executing the same project (may be another reason for display of that object)

You can check the same(which user and terminal is executing CJ20N or CJ02) via t-code SM04.

I hope your issue is addressed now.

NOTE: Again please involve your PS guy in it.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can also try using CJ12 if you have proper authorization.

Reg,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudha,

Above said is right.

Besides this also search forum before posting your query.

For understanding PS, also see this-http://scn.sap.com/people/sheetal.deshmukh/blog/2008/05/09/sap-project-system--a-ready-reference-par...

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

I completely agree with Shrikant. Please do some basic study on PS.

For your reference you can refer thread discussed in the link below.

http://scn.sap.com/message/13326785#13326785

In addition refer following help.sap link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/04/926eae46f311d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/04/926eae46f311d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

Its a very basic query, seems you are new to PS. Spend some time in searching online/forums and go thru help.sap.com. Come back with specific queries and we can help. To get you started explore tcode CJ20N.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Actually, i'm from Sap FICO Module. There are very less authorizations. I had to change the WBS element. I had referred the below links but can you please explain with steps on how to change the WBS element after saving?

Thanks,

Sudha.I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

This is core PS module work.

Why you are changing WBS element. Forward it to PS consultant.

Try this in testing server.

Use T-code CJ20N or CJ02. Here after opening project you can easily change wbs.

If no authorization then take it.

Regards,

Pranav