cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

character. combinations w/o mat. assign. in dip profile sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have implemented easy cost planning and i want to transfer cost from PS to SD using DP82 tcode. I configured ECP and DIP profile in system. Using DIP profile I am able to transfer materials but I want to transfer Service / Variable text (Item Category V & Y in ECP). During this values transfer I am getting this error "character. combinations w/o mat. assign. in dip profile".

Please let me know, in DIP profile what configuration is missing.

I search on SCN but did not found proper answer. Any one knows solution for above mentioned error, then please let me know.

Thanks in Advance

Vipul Mehta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipul,

In the DIP profile configuration ( Transaction - ODP1) create a material/ service line in Material determination with following information.

Material/Service : Enter Material

Transfer Quantity /Costs : Use appropriate option  (if you want to calculated only Costs or Quantities or both cost and Qunatities)

Material direct : Not tiked

Criterial : Cost element ( Use appropriate)

Once complete this config, try again doing value transfer.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tushar,

Thanks for response. I am able to transfer Material using DIP profile. But I want to transfer Service part also. If records is not available in 'MARA' table then what we need to mention in "Material/Service :".

Thanks & Regards

Vipul Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vipul,

If records are mot availablen MARA means how are you able to transfer material.

Take help of MM consultant to check if all relevant data is maintained in material master.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tushar,

If we are creating Service through Tcode AS01 then service data is created in system but through DIP planning not able to transfer. Please let me know how to transfer those services.

Thanks in Advance & Regards

Vipul Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vipul,

T code AS01 is used to create Asset. Not service. Please check what t code you are using to create service.

Morever if you see F1 help for Material / Service in ODP1 it states you need to assign material for dynamic item processing ( for example, billing or quotation creation)

This material is describing the work to be performed, or that was performed during processing. The system determines the quotation price or the price to be invoiced for the service on the basis of this material during pricing.

Regards

Tushar

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vipul,

Can you please check whether there is a tick on check box "Material Origin" of material master in its Costing 1 tab. If not, please tick it and check again.

Regards

Ankur