SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between V_ZWSTAND and V_ZWSTNDAB of table EABL

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

What is the difference between v_zwstand and v_zwstndab of table EABL?

Arghya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rszkudlarek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Arghya,

in V_ZWSTAND the real meter reading (as seen on the meter itself) will be stored. In most cases the V_ZWSTANDAB (the billed meter reading) will be the same. Sometimes when you need a little correction to the meter reading you could do it in V_ZWSTANDAB. But as mentioned in 99+% both field are equel.

Hope it helps,

Roland

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rszkudlarek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Arghya,

in V_ZWSTAND the real meter reading (as seen on the meter itself) will be stored. In most cases the V_ZWSTANDAB (the billed meter reading) will be the same. Sometimes when you need a little correction to the meter reading you could do it in V_ZWSTANDAB. But as mentioned in 99+% both field are equel.

Hope it helps,

Roland

0 Kudos

Hey Roland,

Do you want to mean if I estimate the reading it will update V_ZWSTANDAB not V_ZWSTAND? It is not so..When I estimate the reading it updates both of the fields simultaneously...In our project there is a requirement where I have to store the reading what meter reader has seen from the meter..If it is estimated later on I must come to know about the estimated as well as the entered reading at any point of time...Can these fields be useful to achieve the same? Or I have to add 2 more Z-fields in EABL?

With regards,

Arghya

0 Kudos

Hi Arghya,

now I see your challenge. If you use the standard fields you will some strange effects while creating the invoice. For example:

old V_ZWSTAND & VZWSTANDAB: 1000

new V_ZWSTAND: 2000

new V_ZWSTANDAB: 1990

it might look on the invoice like:

old reading = 1000

new reading = 2000

difference or consumption = 990 (because of difference between V_ZWSTANDAB(new) and V_ZWSTAND(old)

In your case you'll have to store the real readings in your Z-fields at the point when the readings are stored in SAP. Keep in mind the field N_ZWSTAND for the past-comma part of the reading.

kind regards

Roland