Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R\3 as a sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have scenario from R\3 to FTP.

The scenario is work fine.

My question is what happened if the connection between R\3 system and the XI server is broken.

You have any idea how to insure the scenario is continue work, after the connection fixed, with out to lose data?

I assume the solution is to catch expiations in the ABAP side, but I'll be happy to hear yours solutions, or if you have your ABAP line code

Regards

Elad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from above replies...

I hope, try..

Implement you own SAPServerHost class, inheriting from the original one. Override the OnServerException method and return the appropriate value

You can try with proxies , and schedule the program ... to handle..

But certain time IS will try to send the message , after that try limit only it will send error..

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you all, for your ideas.

In this discussion have a difference between IDOC to RFC?

Regards

Elad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Elad,

Am not sure about RFC calls , but in case of Idoc's the message will be in your TRFC queue and will be sent once the connection comes up.

The report to restart messges in TRFC, is "RSARFCEX"

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WRT to rfc i think you can luk into sm59

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> WRT to rfc i think you can luk into sm59

Prabhu,

SM59 is used to maintain all the Connections like r3 , Tcp ip etc.

Did you mean Sm58?

For Idoc's yes they will be stuck in the TRFC queeue in SM58 if the connection between the SAP system and XI goes down, for RFC calls, I am not very sure.

Reason is Sender RFC calls use a TCP IP connection. I think in the case of Sender RFC , if there is an Issue in the connectivity the Report will go into the Falut Message block. Not very sure though.

If it is not the case and I am wrong, then please do correct me as I am not very sure in the case of Sender RFC's.

Regards

Bhavesh

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes bhavesh, it is sm58 and not sm59...i havent tried this out but just a thought (bcoz all the logs pertaining to the connectivty would be traced here). need to luk into it. will keep posted on the results

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

I think even if the connection between the R3 and XI is broken. The Idocs from R3 will be hold on the port. There is a program which is scheduled upon the requirement which pushes the idocs for everytime it is executed. so when the connection is up between the R3 and XI ,this will push the IDocs which are hold on r3 side when the connection is available.

I dont think there be a chance of lossing the data.

Regards

Gopi

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>IDOC to FILE</b>

When SAP XI is down the R3 will be keep retrying till the SAP XI server is UP. Once the Up the IDOCS will be sent to the SAP XI System. If the SAP XI server is down for a long time it is advicable to check the Queue of R3 System.

for other it will be qu'ed up

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the Connection between the R3 and XI goes down, then the message will be stuck in the TRFC queue in your R3 system.

There are standard reports that can restart the messages once the connection comes up.

Regards

Bhavesh