cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trip Schema control

0 Kudos

Hi

Organisation has employees & contractors categorised in HR master data.

Creation & Approval of travel expense claims happens through enterprise portal.

We want to restrict certain expense types as per employee status (permanent/contractor)

One option is to restrict at expense type level (permissibility) based on emp grouping. Ruled out.

Another option - created a copy of existing trip schema & restricted expense type for both the schemas. Works fine while raising claims through PR05 as system asks to opt for a schema before raising a claim.

Is there anything else that needs to be done apart from creating the new schema?

Is it possible to restrict/default these schemas (say, P & C) to Permanent emp & contractors respectively using HR master data grouping? so that whenver a person raise a claim, schema is defaulted for him. How can this be achieved?

Can I use variable field control via TRVFD to address above issue?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Being a developer, I would use the approach via the BADI TRIP_WEB_CUSTOMIZING. There, you can manipulate the entire customizing settings passed to the WebDynpro applications programatically.

Read the employee status from runtime and manipulate TRIP_SCHEMAS --> job done

I can't tell you whether the approach with TRVFD would work, maybe somebody else can help you with that, in case you don't want to use the BADI for some reason.

Cheers, Lukas