cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg. Sender File Channel Modification Check configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have files coming into a folder where PI polls in. The file size range from 3 MB to 11 MB. I set the Poll Interval as 60 sec and Msec to wait before Modification Check as 100000(100 sec - as 11 MB file is taking around 90 sec to get copy into the folder). I also specified Maximum File Size as 12288000 Bytes(12 MB). But my channel is still erroring out saying "File has been modified during processing. Expected 0 bytes, found 12,093,726 bytes".

As I would get files real time(its not a folder where PI will poll after all the files are written) and PI has to process them as and when files get into this folder, I made Poll Interval(secs) - 0 and Poll Interval(msecs) - 100.

Please suggest me a way to handle this situation.

Thanks,

Sarat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshit,

The process that writes files into PI's polling folder has been modified and that resolved the issue. The process writes the files with a temporary file name and once the file is completely written it changes the file name to what PI is expecting. I reverted all my PI communication channel changes like MSecs to Wait before Modification check and Maximum File size.

Thanks,

Sarat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarat,

For my interface, the file sizes are less than 100kb. Currently I have changed the poll interval from 60s to 120s. Also there is a file modification check in place for 5s. I have not received any error alerts since then. But I am still not sure if that is the long term solution.

Following logs snap shows the issue I was facing earlier.

Please advise if any alternate approach possible.

Harshit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarat,

Assuming your file server is NFS (since 'Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check' doesn't work in FTP), you should not specify any maximum file size as it shall only process files with lower than the defined size.

Further I feel logically 'Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check'  should have a value less than 'Polling Interval' (just the opposite you've configured). Please try this and reply.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Bibek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarat,

I am also facing the same issue. Was this resolved for you? Please share the solution.

Harshit

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harshit,

Check question 3 in below note.

821267 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 / PI 7.3 File Adapter

Regards,

Praveen.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Increaase Poll interval to 5 mnts , sometime source system might take longer that 1 mnt to write a file in to FTP.

why you specified max size value, you reallu dont wanna process more than 12 MB files? remove size limitation and try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PS - I searched sdn but could not find any appealing solution.

Thanks,

Sarat

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarat,

Increasing your polling interval resolves your issue.

Regards,

Naveen.