cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is sender interface determined for incoming IDOC?

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello PI experts,

I'm new to PI and I'm using PI 7.3.0 SP7. Scenario is IDOC adapter - PI - SOAP web service.

I want to know how sender interface name is determined. Here is what I see in incoming message SOAP header in SXMB_MONI after MATMAS03 is send to PI from ERP:

..while in Integration Repository my outbound interface is identified as:

..and my communication component is like this:

So why is interface in SOAP header identified as MATMAS.MATMAS03 with urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages namespace. I expect it to be MaterialIDOC_Outbound.

Actually this causes receiver determination issue in further processing as my receiver determination is configured like this:

..but integration server tries to determine receiver for messages coming from MATMAS.MATMAS03 interface. And it doesn't find appropriate Receiver Determination.

So why in my case receiver interface(in inbound message SOAP Header) is MATMAS.MATMAS03?

Thanks,

Konstantin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

You no need to create service interface , message type and data type for IDoc because IDoc it self act as service interface onc eyou import in to PI.

IDoc name space is urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages, this is SAP standard.

When you import IDoc you can see name space details once you open IDoc structure.

Regards,

Raj

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But how do I create Interface Determination in this case? I must specify sender interface and my created in advance sender interface is the only one available for selection:

Thx,

Konstantin

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to specify sender interface,Select Bussiness System and Category as  ANY,this case it displays imported IDocs list in window.

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I cannot do that. I need to select communication component first:

and when it's selected I cannot change it:

Your screen shot says Business System though.

Konstantin

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First select communication component(bussines system), i hope you have created Bussiness system in SLD for SAP ECC and use the same here.

after selecting comunication component then select interface,select options like in my screen shot.

PS: IDoc scenarios you need to reguister your SAP ECC system in SLD as a Techncial system ABAP then you have to create bussines system for the same.

search in scn  .

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you have to correct some objects in ESR and ID.

1. Do not create Service Interface for your Idoc sender. You have to import the Idoc in SWC where you are creating your Operation Mapping (or in some other SWC and add as a dependent SWC under the one which has your Operation Mapping).

2. In SLD, assign this SWC the ECC Business Component.

3. Delete and reimport the Busines Component in ID.

4. Then you should be able to create Receiver Determination or Integrated Configuration with ECC Business Component and the Idoc interface.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava