cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short dump in SAPMSSYD every 5 minutes without scheduled jobs after BW connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I've just upgraded my QAS system from ECC 5.00 to ECC 6.06 and It's running fine. But after I connected my BW QAS and started delta loading I'm getting a continuous short dump every 5 minutes.  Even if I shutdown BW system the dump persists every 5 minutes.

I've tried the following actions:

1 - Restore BW Source System in BW System

2 - Shutdown BW System

3 - Disable all rfc connections in ECC System

4 - Check all jobs in SM37 - none of them corresponds to short dump times and characteristics.

5 - Check running processes in SM66 or SM50. Dump occurs after running report SAPLHTTP

In short dump details there is no job names nor report which started the process, but it gives error every 5 minutes and I have no jobs scheduled every 5 minutes.

Following are short dump details:

Category           ABAP Programming Error
Runtime Errors     LOAD_PROGRAM_NOT_FOUND
ABAP Program       SAPMSSYD

Application Component  BC-ABA-LA

Date and Time      14.09.2012 16:19:08

Short text

Program " " not found.

Check the last transports to the R/3 System.

Are changes currently being made to the program "SAPMSSYD"?

Has the correct program been entered in table TSTC for Transaction " "?

-

If the error occures in a non-modified SAP program, you may be able to

find an interim solution in an SAP Note.

If you have access to SAP Notes, carry out a search with the following

keywords:

"LOAD_PROGRAM_NOT_FOUND" " "

"SAPMSSYD" or " "

"%_CTL_INIT1"

Termination occurred in the ABAP program "SAPMSSYD" - in "%_CTL_INIT1".

The main program was "SAPMSSY2 ".

In the source code you have the termination point in line 0

of the (Include) program " ".

The program "SAPMSSYD" was started as a background job.

Job Name....... " "

Job Initiator.. "ABAPTOL"

Job Number..... 00000000

Thank you and best Regards,

Fabio Purcino Aragão

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems Job is triggering from solman system. Check ST-PI and ST/A-PI  plug-ins are installed, if installed check the patch level and apply latest patch levels for both the plug-ins. Hope it will solve your problem.

Regards,

Thirupathi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

we're facing the same problem. How did you finaly fix it?

Regards.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

I am also facing the same issue in my Development system.... Did your problem got solved...?? If so can you please share it with us here so that it will be very beneficial for us...

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad

jimguo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recommend you try to generate ABAP programs as per note 162991 and see if it helps.

Thanks.

Jim

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"LOAD_PROGRAM_NOT_FOUND" " "

"SAPMSSYD" or " "

"%_CTL_INIT1"

Sometimes this happened due to Compilation as well. Did you run the Load generation after the upgrade ?

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

sm37 -> not relevant then I guess another system was accessing the program, get the user name in abap dump and try locked that user. This should solve the problem.

SAPLHTTP -> maybe a web service.

if this is the cause and you want to trace more then scan icm log in SMICM T-Code around the runtime occured.

Regards,

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Short dump is assigned to user SAPSYS, so I can't lock this but in detailed analysis it says the job initiator is another user.

I've tried to lock it but short dump still occurs every 5 minutes.

I've checked SMICM too but none of threads show any errors.

Best regards,

Fabio

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPLHTTP -> maybe a web service.

if this is the cause and you want to trace more then scan icm log in SMICM T-Code around the runtime occured.

I've checked SMICM too but none of threads show any errors.

Raise the trace level to max, restart icm, wait until dump shows up then track the time around the error occured, if this is caused by external service call, there should be some footprints (caller IP address, etc) in the trace.

also when the dump occurred and system is idle or few users around, run #ls -ltr(assuming you are in unix based system) in the work directory, try scannning latest change in the dev_w* log for more log detail.

5 - Check running processes in SM66 or SM50. Dump occurs after running report SAPLHTTP

an ICF related event but no error in icman. to eliminate completely this possibility try disable icm for certain period, see if the problem disappear.  Start SMICM, click on services, then select HTTP & HTTPS and click de-activate. (to rule out http/s service call)

I've tried to lock it but short dump still occurs every 5 minutes.

I thought maybe we can find the user used in the program call (sy-mandt, sy-uname) not the job initiator. which mean sapsys is probably more correct for the user name. but then the lock thing is impossible since permanent system user cannot be locked.

but it gives error every 5 minutes and I have no jobs scheduled every 5 minutes.

Job Id is "000000".

So, maybe could be an wrong rfc or system call?

Has the system still not released to users?

if yes and you has complete backup for this system, you can try following:

you can try set all the job released into scheduled. then check again (to rule out background jobs).

stop the app server, change the system IP, edit host files in the both database & app hosts. restart the server. wait for the error. stop again, revert host files & start again after determine whether external cause is the culprit (to rule out external RFCs).

Best Regards,

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

in your case "Short dump is assigned to user SAPSYS" this is an indicator, that an rfc Logon failed,

i.e.: like user is locked, PW mismatch, out of valid date, or the remote defined user is not existing local at all.

in syslog or in activated trace you may find the souce system.

Best regards Walter

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio

Could you run the transaction code SGEN once again. I thing it should solve you issue

Regards

Sriram

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it is trying to initiate a background for which either the variant or the program does not exist. please check under the job step what program it is trying to execute and the variant  and then check in se38 if that program exists

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sargan,

There is no corresponding job assigned to these dumps.

Job Id is "000000".

So, maybe could be an wrong rfc or system call?

Regards,

Fabio