Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while importing oma file into Sourcing system

tejasjani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing an issue while importing data (single object, data set, object list) through export import tool in sourcing 7.0.

While trying to import an .oma file from one system and importing the same as it is into another sourcing system, even though the file import status is shown as successful, no data from the oma file is read into the import system. It does not update any record, it does not even show anything in the individual results section at the bottom of the data import status page.

In the Data Import the status is shown as "Complete" and result as "Successful" but the Successful records as well as Failed Records do not display any counts.

I think I am missing something here. Can someone please guide?

Thanks.

Tejas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

What object are you trying to migrate via oma?

Regards,

Vikram

tejasjani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I am getting the error for all the objects ( I have tried with RFx templates, RFx Configuration, Auction, Toolbar Customization, Page Customization etc).

In the mean time I have come across a fact that the source(7.0.02) and target systems(7.0.01) are not on the same level. I believe this has to be the reason for failure.

Once the targets system is patched up to the source system, I will try again and update here.

By the way I have another question in this regard. If I import the configuration (through oma files) from a system where context, cluster and directory names are different from the targets system's context, cluster and directories...will this harm the targets system? (I think they will do- just need to confirm).

Thanks.

Tejas

0 Kudos

That's correct, both source and target system should be on the same release. That's mandatory. And yes, the context id and dir config id should be the same.

For more info on object migration, please see Object Migration Webcast recording

Regards,

Vikram

tejasjani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks Vikram.

Just need to know if in addition to the version (e.g. 7.0.1 or 7.0.2), does the SP level also make difference while importing dataset into another system?

I mean if data from 7.0.2 SP6 system is imported into 7.0.2 SP9 system or vice versa, is that fine?

Thanks again for the response.

Tejas.

0 Kudos

Both source and target systems should be on the same release, including the SP and patch level.

Regards,

Vikram

Answers (0)